Under general supervision, performs responsible technical work in the field of traffic engineering; and investigates and analyzes traffic and/or transportation problems
Examples of Duties:
- Investigates, collects and analyzes data on traffic conditions especially as they relate to traffic flows.
- Performs design studies and analyzes of traffic problems related to the design and positioning of traffic structures and accessories.
- Examines alternative traffic control devices for effectiveness and makes recommendations on the selection and layout of selected equipment.
- Directs the preparation of maps and layouts of proposed traffic structures with indications as to their general characteristics.
- Assigns and outlines detail work to subordinates, instructs them on objectives and procedures, and reviews their work during process and upon completion.
- May supervise Assistant Engineers and other technical staff members.
- Devises standard methods and forms for collection and presentation of traffic data.
- Develops traffic survey techniques.