Reports to the Chairperson of the License Commission and is responsible for analyzing and evaluating the current operations and policies of the License Commission Department, including Consumers’ Council. The License Commission is responsible for issuing various licenses in the City of Cambridge. The Business Production Analyst will work with staff to review procedures, identify improvements to procedures and customer service with the use of information technology, and implement improvements. The core responsibility will be to streamline and automate manual processes. The work also includes assisting customers at the front desk.
Specifically, duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
· Analyze systems and workflow, identify and implement improvements to the functions of the License Commission Office, with particular focus on new technologies.
· Recommend and manage system implementations, upgrades, and improvements.
· Coordinate the implementation of selected projects and programs, including staff training.
· Provide information, referral and technical assistance to City Departments including IT and Finance.
· Create, maintain, and provide regular updates to information pertaining to the License Commission Office and its functions, and to related databases.
· Create an inventory of all City records held in the possession of the License Commission Office.
· Update and maintain the License Commission website.
· Interface with the State Alcoholic Beverages Control Commission as they work toward on online system.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Three to five years of experience in providing technical support, testing, and implementation of computer information systems and automated processes.
- Proven experience in project management and implementation of software and/or hardware projects.
- Experience working with an online permitting/licensing system or Customer Relationship Management (CRM) application a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, required.
- Demonstrated documentation and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and handle multiple tasks.
- Experience with licensing or records management preferred.
- BS in Information Technology or related area preferred.
- The City of Cambridge’s workforce, like the community it serves, is diverse. Applicants must have the ability to work and interact effectively with individuals and groups with a variety of identities, cultures, backgrounds, and ideologies.
RATE: $70,241-$89,623 + excellent benefits
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Submit both your resume and cover letter via email to: email@example.com or to the Personnel Dept, Room 309, City Hall, 795 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge MA 02139. Fax 617-349-4312. Resume and cover letter requested by 10/28/21. Position will remain open until filled. We are an AA/EEO Employer.