City Compost provides composting services across New England for homes, businesses, and events. We work to create more soil to grow more food and are seeking to grow the service team.
City Compost seeks individuals interested in sustainability, environmental protection, and local food system to help conduct our composting service and teach the community how to grow more food. Primary work involved consists of driving a service route for mostly residential customers while also maintaining cleaning containers. Commercial services may also be included.
This is an independent contractor position. Compensation is based upon work performed with an hourly route base of $18.00. Compensation can be up to $40 per hour based upon performance.
To learn more about what we do, visit www.citycompost.com.
– Collection, Counting, and Weighing
– Quality Control and Record Keeping
– Cleaning Containers and Compostables – Combining Compostables
– Compost Process Management
– Personal Vehicle
– GPS or Road Atlas with Map Reading Ability- Internet Connection for Receiving Routes
– Strong Work Ethic
– Attentive to Details
– Follow through on Commitments
– Goal Oriented
– English Speaking
– Ability to Lift and Carry up to 30lbs
– Work Outside in Various Weather
– Strong Communication Skills
– Eagerness to Learn
If interested, please send a resume and a cover letter may be included at your option.