TECHNOLOGY DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM (JUNE 2022)
Get ready to make your mark! Kicking off your career with us means working on projects that matter alongside colleagues from a diverse set of backgrounds.
We know that everything is driven by technology. It’s why we’ve made a substantial investment to build and support our in-house tech firm. In our Technology Development Program (TDP), you will help build next-generation services and collaborate with fintech partners on innovative solutions. Bring your whole self to work, including your passion for what’s possible and your critical thinking skills. Joining us on our transformation journey means you’ll get to reinvent what banking looks and feels like for millions of people!
THIS PROGRAM IS BASED IN JOHNSTON, RI
Software Engineer Track
Software Engineer tracks will be offered in various business lines, including Consumer Technology, Commercial Technology, Colleague Technology, and Architecture & Strategy. All tracks will offer opportunities to participate in meaningful and hands-on projects in an agile environment. Sample responsibilities are provided below:
- Designing, modifying, defining and implementing technology solutions; building modern, architecturally sound components, tools and applications to meet strategic business goals.
- Maintaining and enhancing iOS and Android applications.
- Participating in an Agile environment, adhering to best practices and collaborating effectively with your team mates.
- Helping to build APIs that support multiple data formats and can integrate easily.
- Assisting with the delivery of an enterprise-grade Microservices framework that enables rapid development of modern apps.
- Researching and gathering documentation to ensure the quality of user documentation; create progress reports.
- Improving system quality by identifying issues and common patterns, and developing standard operating procedures.
- Enhancing applications by finding opportunities for improvement, making recommendations and designing and implementing systems.
Within this program, you’ll also have the opportunity to participate concurrently in Early Career Development Programming (ECDP) – a robust, 4-month program designed to give our new colleagues a solid foundation of Citizens. Through the ECDP, you’ll experience:
- 2-day Orientation with all bank-wide development program colleagues
- 30-day technology training focused on agile, test-driven development, Citizens’ coding standards, APIs, and more
- Professional development workshops (such as Agile Methodologies and Presence & Presentation)
- Networking opportunities with senior leadership
- Dedicated community service activities
- Strategic Challenge where you’ll work in small teams to solve for an organizational problem and present your recommendations to a panel of executives
What you’ll need to apply
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Development or other technology-related degree
- Expected graduation date of May 2022
- Minimum GPA 3.0
- Demonstrated ability to operate in a team environment; good interpersonal and communication skills
- Previous professional exposure to software development and/or engineering
- Experience with CICD pipeline (CircleCI, Jenkins, or equivalent) preferred
- AWS/AZURE/GCP experience preferred
- Understanding of the banking industry, specifically the functions of custodial and consumer banking
Please note that U.S. Immigration sponsorship or work visa is not available for this position and candidates must have permanent authorization to work in the U.S.
Hours and Work Schedule
Hours per Week: 40
Work Schedule: M-F 8:30am – 5pm
Why work with us
- Best of both worlds: We offer the feel of a startup with a 150+ year history
- Tons of time off: Generous paid time off (+10 holidays) that you’re actually encouraged to take
- Easy commute: Access our state-of-the-art suburban facilities with athletic fields and free parking
- Casual Friday every day: We support flexible work arrangements and flexible work attire
- Dedication to community: We put support our communities by frequently volunteering and giving back
Awards we’ve received
- Forbes World’s Best Banks (2020)
- Forbes Best Employers for Diversity (2021)
- Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality – 100% Corporate Equality Index (2020)
- Military Friendly Employer (2021)
- Dave Thomas Foundation – Best Adoption-friendly Workplace (2020)
- Diversity, Inc. – Top 25 companies for diversity (2019)
We offer competitive pay, comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage, retirement benefits, flexible work arrangements, education reimbursement, wellness programs and more.
Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you’ll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Citizens, its parent, subsidiaries, and related companies provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, citizenship, physical or mental disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, genetic characteristic, marital or domestic partner status, victim of domestic violence, family status/parenthood, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth/lactation, colleague’s or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.