We’re developing the next generation of leaders
You have a unique opportunity to jumpstart your career through hands-on, impactful projects, comprehensive training and development, and exposure to executive leadership, paving the way for a robust career at Citizens.
The Consumer Banking & Enterprise Experience Leadership Development Program (CBEX) is a critical program within the bank for cultivating talented, young professionals who aspire to be future leaders. As part of this program, you’ll be asked to be part of something larger than yourself and participate on a transformative journey to help our customers, colleagues, and communities reach their full potential.
You’ll be joining Citizens at a pivotal moment of growth, as we strive to become the bank of choice for financial products, services, and advice. It’s no surprise we were named the “Best U.S. Bank” by Euromoney Magazine as part of their 2021 Awards for Excellence
NOTE: this full-time program begins in early June 2022.
Experience during the program
In this one-year program, you will have the opportunity to gain a strong understanding of both the Consumer Banking and Enterprise Experience divisions at Citizens. You’ll begin by completing 4-weeks of onboarding and training, which will help you develop the foundational skills needed to be successful in the program.
Then, based on the track you select, you’ll continue to gain relevant experience by completing four, 3-month rotations in various participating business lines, including:
Consumer Banking Track: Business Banking, Consumer Strategy, Core Banking, Lending, Mortgage, National Banking, Wealth
Enterprise Experience Track: Communications, Customer Experience, Digital, Enterprise Payments, Marketing, Risk, Transformation
During each rotation, you’ll have an opportunity to curate your own individual learning journey aligned with your skills and interests. Over the course of the program, you could be working on exciting projects such as:
- Analyzing financials to include in our next Board of Directors presentation
- Designing the digital signage and playlists of our new retail branch locations
- Examining competitor and industry trends for our credit card portfolio
- Partnering with our external FinTech partners for our robo-advisor enhancements
- Improving go-to-market strategies for our small business banking direct sales channels
- Creating and implementing a micro-learning training program for our contact center
- Conducting user experience research and informing UX measurement strategies
- Optimizing digital and online tools to maximize sales of our core banking products
- Synthesizing quantitative data to provide insights on key capabilities for target segments
You will also receive support from colleagues at all levels including your cohort peers, program alumni, rotation Managers and teams, and your Program Director and Executive Sponsors. You’ll also be paired with a CBEX alumni Mentor who will be your go-to resource during the program and beyond.
NOTE: this program is based in Westwood, MA with some business rotations located in Johnston, RI and other potential locations.
As an Associate in this program, you’ll also concurrently participate in Early Career Development Programming (ECDP) – a robust, 4-month training program designed to give you a strong foundation to Citizens. Through the ECDP, you’ll experience:
- 2-day orientation with all bank-wide early career development program colleagues
- Development workshops (e.g. Agile, Presence & Presentation, Personal Brand)
- Networking opportunities with senior leadership
- Customer and client site visits
- Dedicated community service activities
- Strategic Challenge: innovation project where you’ll work in cross-functional teams to solve for an organizational problem and present your final recommendations to a panel of executives
Life after the program
Near the end of the program, you’ll participate in a matching process and be placed in a full-time role within either the Consumer Banking or Enterprise Experience division. Past graduates of the CBEX have been placed in a wide variety of roles, including:
- Consumer Strategy Consultant
- Customer Experience Strategy Analyst
- Digital Content Partner
- Enterprise Payments Program Manager
- Experiential Marketing Analyst
- Market Research Analyst
- Marketing Business Support Manager
- Premier Wealth Advisor
- Product Performance Consultant
- Retail Banking Transformation Consultant
- Sales & Service Development Partner
- Social Media Community Manager
- Student Lending Project Manager
- User Analytics Partner
- UX Research Associate
After completing the program, you will be eligible to join the CBEX Alumni Advisory Board, which offers continuing engagement through learning & development opportunities, volunteer activities, and social events. You’ll also partner closely with the Program Management team on recruiting, interviewing, and program planning and design.
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for self-starters, team players, and strategic thinkers. To be successful in this program, you’ll need to display strong skills and characteristics, including: analytical and critical thinking, business and financial acumen, communication, creativity, data analysis, detail-oriented, initiative, interpersonal, leadership, learning agility, project management, relationship building, strategic mindset, and time management.
What you’ll need to apply
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree
- Expected graduation date of May 2022
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 required (GPA of 3.50+ preferred)
- All majors will be considered; coursework in Business, Communications, Finance, Economics, Management, and Marketing is highly beneficial
- Internship or other relevant corporate exposure is strongly preferred
- Demonstrated on-campus or other leadership experience is desired
Background qualifications include:
- Please note that U.S. Immigration sponsorship or work visa is not available for this position and candidates must have permanent authorization to work in the U.S.
Why Work for Us
At Citizens, you’ll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Citizens, its parent, subsidiaries, and related companies provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, citizenship, physical or mental disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, genetic characteristic, marital or domestic partner status, victim of domestic violence, family status/parenthood, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth/lactation, colleague’s or a dependent’s reproductive health decision making, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
Citizens is a brand name of Citizens Bank, N.A. and each of its respective affiliates.