This position will perform modeling, dataset generation and transformation, statistical programming and analysis for Chubb. Opportunities will exist to work in a dynamic environment on a broad spectrum of global analytical initiatives, impacting underwriting and marketing. The role will be responsible for applying statistical and data mining techniques to identify profitable growth areas and optimize portfolio performance. The person will be expected to understand and analyze insurance risk factors and articulate results to the various stakeholders, including but not limited to underwriters, product managers and actuarial. Position can be based in either: Whitehouse Station, NJ; Jersey City, NJ; or Philadelphia, PA.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
* Build predictive models and analytic solutions, with moderate supervision, to support the underwriting functions within Chubb.
* Assist in brainstorming potential data sources that may contain predictive variables. Identify, acquire, evaluate, and document data from these various sources, both internal and external.
* Collaborate in extracting and manipulating data using data management tools from internal and external data sources.
* Understand and combine data from various sources to create analytics data sets. Develop a basic working knowledge of how current systems and data sources are populated and sourced.
* Analyze data, draw meaningful conclusions, and assist in developing solutions to help drive profitability and/or growth.
* Introduce novel methodologies, algorithms, tools and technologies to solve assigned problems.
* Collaborate with other analytics teams (i.e., Applied AI, Emerging Risks) to achieve objectives.
* Build partnerships with key counterparts.
* Communicate and present findings to business partners to ensure successful integration of projects into business process. Proactively follow up on any issues that were raised during presentations.
* Participate in developing solutions to implement models into production. Assist I/T in the design and testing of models.
* Monitor the performance and usage of models. Ensure that the reports suit the needs of the audience.
* Create and maintain clear and concise documentation associated with models.
* Support business requests which require statistical analysis.
* Provide training guidance and assistance to colleagues.
* Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Statistics, Mathematics, Analytics or Computer Science.
* 1-3 years of predictive analytics experience; within the insurance industry is a plus.
* Knowledge in statistical analysis and multivariate procedures.
* Experience with a statistical package (Python, R, SAS) and/or data management (SQL) and/or programming is preferred.
* Proficient in Microsoft Suite applications.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to articulate an intermediate level of understanding of work products.
* Ability to complete analytical tasks with guidance, if necessary.
* Strong organizational skills, able to work well under deadlines in a changing environment and perform multiple tasks effectively and concurrently. Produces accurate work products in a timely manner.
* Ability to work in a team environment.
* Business experience and knowledge of P&C industry is a plus.
* Responsive to service needs and operational demands.