COMBINED INSURANCE SUMMER INTERNSHIP – DATA SCIENCE/CLAIMS
Combined Insurance, a Chubb company, is seeking a Data Science Intern to join our fast-paced, high energy, growing company for a Summer 2022 internship. Combined Insurance is a leading provider of individual supplemental accident, disability, health and life insurance products. We pride ourselves on being customer-centric, people-driven, accountable, performance-minded and ethical. Spend your summer working as a Combined Insurance Intern where you will have the opportunity to gain career-building experience.
Who are we looking for?
Successful interns at Combined Insurance come from many backgrounds and experiences and bring that rich diversity with them to our company. They also have some things in common, and these attributes will lead to your success at Combined:
• Results orientation: a demonstrated ability to meet commitments; including under pressure
• Intellectual agility: capable and willing to master and apply new knowledge
• Personal capacity: accepting and welcoming of additional responsibility over time
• Communication skills: an ability to communicate successfully in various settings
• Interpersonal/team skills: able to work effectively with colleagues at all levels
• Self-leadership: an ability to take full ownership of work and show initiative as needed
• Client focused: understanding of the needs of customers and clients
• Work ethic: a commitment to hard work and a high ethical conduct
Examples of potential Intern tasks/projects:
• Evaluate survey results regarding the customer’s experience. Natural Language Processing (NLP) will be used to develop models that would predict the customer’s behavior (e.g. if a customer would cancel a policy, and how quickly) based on survey feedback. This information will be used in determining the course of action for the customer.
• Utilize NLP and other advanced machine learning techniques to improve readability of user-entered data. The results will be used to enhance current automated processes.
• Perform Data Mining on service notes captured during customer interaction. Text mining and content analysis will be performed on notes in order to improve the customer experience
• Analyze various processing life cycles by performing time series data analytics. The goal is to develop accurate forecasting models to manage inventory better, as well as identify and rectify process gaps that contribute to long processing times
• Develop a robust case management algorithm by applying advanced statistical methodologies to available data (i.e. automation outcomes, case complexity, handle times, case volume and seasonality, and resource’s resume)
• Efficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel, Word and Power Point
• Hands-on skills with the following software packages: SQL, R or Python, Power BI
• Basic technical knowledge and experience with Multivariate Statistical Analysis, Multiple Regression Analysis, Machine Learning, Data Mining, Predictive and Optimization modeling
• Familiarity with relational database concepts
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Basic analytical, decision making and problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail
• Strong record of academic achievement (minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA to qualify)
• Actively enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program (December 2022 or May 2023 graduate, preferred) in a Quantitative Discipline such as Data Analytics, Statistics or another similar, relevant discipline
• Local to Chicagoland area
• Data Analytics – preferred majors: Data Science, Data Analytics, Business Intelligence, Information Systems or other related degree.
Schedule 10-Weeks; Full-time, M-F 8:30am – 5pm CT