TO APPLY, PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME THROUGH THE CHICK-FIL-A CORPORATE CAREERS WEB SITE
The External Communications team at Chick-fil-A exists to protect and enhance our reputation and relevance. The team sits within Chick-fil-A’s Marketing Department and includes our Public Affairs and Public Relations teams.
The Pubic Relations Intern will support the Public Relations team which consists of New Restaurant Openings (NRO), Brand Communications and Field Support. The New Restaurant Openings Team focuses on PR and Marketing of newly constructed restaurants both domestically and internationally. The NRO team purpose is to honor our Corporate Purpose and mission of care by ensuring a positive first impression of the local restaurant in the community. The Brand Communications team focuses on proactively sharing information or stories that positively impact the brand at large. The Field Support team interacts with all existing restaurants through our PR hotline, managing any issues that arise from within restaurants as well as manage media outreach for the greater PR team.
The PR intern will work cross-functionally with all three teams and gain insight into local, regional, national and international PR, new restaurant opening media and marketing strategies and activations, national brand announcements and initiatives and crisis PR.
Some specific job functions might include (but are not limited to):
- Shadow the PR hotline and learning our ticketing system
- Learn how to assess a Market for issues and potential for a New Restaurant
- Create meaningful relationships with partners across the organization including Franchisees
- Potentially visit a New Restaurant Opening
- Support a brand iniative strategy through to implementation
- Use data to create meaningful, strategic PR plans
- Create content pieces for specific initiatives
Job Responsibilities and Activities:
- Assist with data and market research and insights
- Review, edit and draft content pieces (releases, social copy, case studies, presentation decks, articles, talking points, etc.)
- Assist with new restaurant openings (calls with Operators, research and strategy development, attending openings, assisting with media relations efforts and events, etc.).
- Assist with brand initiatives
- Work on real-time proactive/good news stories as well as reactive/crisis PR scenarios
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in working with across multiple teams and a variety of projects at once
- Have a fundamental understanding of social media, digital platforms and traditional media relations
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Strong time management skills
- Proficient with Spanish
- Experience in working on multicultural initiatives
- Have experience working in a Chick-fil-A branded restaurant
Current undergraduate pursuing a degree in Public Relations, Journalism, Communications, Marketing or related field. Must be returning to school Fall 2022.
Minimum GPA : 3.0