TO APPLY, PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME THROUGH THE CHICK-FIL-A CORPORATE CAREERS WEB SITE
Facilities & Equipment (FEQ) is a sub-function of Restaurant Development. FEQ aims to provide Restaurant level support by planning and executing solutions for facilities and equipment related repair and capacity work. Through Mindset (We’re Always Ready), Method (We Blend Art & Science) and Means (We Partner on Purpose), FEQ is uniquely positioned to serve as central liaison between Operators, field-facing support and internal stakeholders.
Facilities and Equipment is looking for an eager candidate ready to jump into a fast pace role that will provide an embedded view of the innerworkings of the Facilities & Equipment team at Chick-fil-A. This intern will be expected to execute projects by building key relationships and leveraging significant partnerships within the Existing Restaurants Department. The intern role is highly regarded within our department, so there will be heavy exposure to a professional working environment and the requirements associated with that responsibility.
The summer intern will learn the innerworkings of the Existing Restaurants Department within Chick-Fil-A by embedding themselves within the Facilities & Equipment team. The candidates will learn in detail about the daily investments this team make to maintain the Chick-fil-A buildings and equipment assets. This role will have significant interaction with restaurant Operators and will work on projects that range from understanding the value of proactive preventative maintenance to helping Operators improve the capacity of their kitchens and drive thru. The role will provide a wide range of exposure to the full life of our restaurants.
Job Responsibilities & Activities:
- Project Management will be a key skill that is developed throughout the internship
- Cross functional team interaction and relationship building
- Time Management and priority setting
- Gain knowledge of the Chick-fil-A business on an enterprise level and leverage that growing knowledge to execute projects on behalf of FEQ
- Work with day-to-day Facilities & Equipment team to maintain restaurants
- Work with our Quality & Performance team to increase productivity of building systems
- Work with Test & Rollouts team to manage project roll outs and tests
- Perform presentations within Existing Restaurants department various sub groups
- Excellent academic track record
- Proven leadership experience
- Exceptional communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Attentive to details, but possesses the ability to think strategically
- Willing and able to learn new things
- Ability to communicate effectively one-on-one and in front of groups
- Ability to leverage valued relationships for the benefit of the team
Currently pursuing bachelor’s degree majoring in Construction, Facilities Management, Project Management, Engineering (Civil, Industrial, Mechanical), or related degree. Must be returning to school Fall 2022.
Minimum GPA : 3.0