Technology will play a crucial role in achieving this goal, and Chevron is seeking interns with a desire to thrive in a cutting-edge digital, global environment to securely advance the global energy transition. We differentiate ourselves through the application of technology, taking an approach that includes in-house expertise, proprietary solutions, and strategic partnerships.
You’ll be supported by mentoring programs and employee networks to excel your professional development, learn about our business and technology organizations from key leaders, and have fun with work and social events throughout the summer!
- Cyber Engineer – Information Technology (IT)
- Cyber Engineer – Operational Technology (OT)
- Houston, TX
- San Ramon, CA
Cyber Engineer – Information Technology (IT)
- The IT Cyber Engineer is responsible for consulting, designing, and deploying cyber security technologies and solutions for the entire enterprise and for business partners.
- As a team member, you will use your infrastructure experience and cybersecurity knowledge to serve as subject matter expert and project consultant to improve or introduce new cybersecurity capabilities that protect Chevron from external and internal cybersecurity threats.
- You will work closely with architects, business partners, and other IT and cybersecurity functions to solve difficult, rapidly changing security challenges all the way from the network perimeter and the cloud, up to and including the end-point device.
- Occasional after hours and weekend support may be required.
- Develops and implements solutions and processes to maintain the reliability, effectiveness, and efficiency of network security infrastructure components across the enterprise and associated process control environments.
- Works with project managers, team members, architects, business units and other stakeholders to create agile solutions, identifying continuous improvement opportunities, creating new or improved processes and automation to support step changes in operational efficiencies.
- Leads, provides subject matter expertise, and collaborates extensively with other IT asset SMEs in design, deployment, and implementation of network security solutions by utilizing next generation security technologies and improving frameworks for controls and policies.
- Supports the work of the Automation agile team to help replace highly manual and repetitive work with software driven workflows and automations.
- Collaborates with global business units to design and deploy network security solutions suited to their unique environments.
- Analyzes network security needs and designs solutions that meet business requirements for protection, standardization, efficiency, scalability, supportability, and cost-effectiveness. Contributes to lifecycle activities.
- Transitions developed solutions to operations, including delivery of educational and training programs, and continues to provide Level 3 support. Collaborates with others to communicate change impacts to end users.
- Follows standard change management processes and practices when introducing technical changes to the environment.
Cyber Engineer – Operational Technology (OT)
- The OT Cyber Engineer is responsible for the strategic direction and technical design of a highly complex set of OT Cybersecurity guardrails as well as the secure implementation of all OT digital technologies across Chevron.
- OT Cyber Engineers reach broadly across all platforms and all IT Foundational Platform product lines (business breadth, along with technical depth) to help make quality investment decisions to enable identification and mitigation of risk.
- They possess an awareness and understanding of other Cyber capabilities such as detection and response to threats, risk management, forensics, and insider risk operations, etc.
- Occasional after hours and weekend support may be required.
- Understand and explain OT frameworks (i.e., Purdue Model, Zones & Conduits) and how it is applied to an OT environment
- Develop a fundamental understanding of industrial control technologies
- Develop an understanding of different roles & responsibilities of OT stakeholders in different platforms and business units.
- Participate on projects that include interaction with field personnel, application teams, infrastructure teams, operators.
- Shadow an OT Engineer (Process, I&C, Safety, etc.) in the field
- Complete user stories for deploying OT technologies in the field.
- Shadow Control Performers in the evaluation of system controls against IRM Standards or vulnerability assessment
- Assist in the evaluation of PCN security solutions for a system and/or upgrade
- Participate in a Cyber Incident tabletop exercise and/or security risk assessments
Required education / degrees
- Currently enrolled in bachelor’s or master’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related STEM field.
- Must provide a current, unofficial transcript with online resume (as proof of good academic standing) when applying for this position to be considered.
Preferred skills / competencies
- Highly organized with ability to prioritize and multi-task, as well as able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Communicates in a clear, concise, understandable manner both orally and in writing.
- Listens carefully and asks questions to understand the views, concerns, and comments of others.
- Promotes communications in all directions within work groups and between work groups.
- Encourages open expression of ideas and opinions.
- School, work experiences or exposure in cybersecurity.
- Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters.
- Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment visas or consider individuals on time limited visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breast-feeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability (including medical condition), military or veteran status, political preference, marital status, citizenship, genetic information or other status protected by law or regulation.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please email us at email@example.com.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.