Cherry is looking for a highly motivated junior analyst with an analytics skill set and an entrepreneurial streak to come help us grow! This position will work with the Risk team. It will start with a primary focus on performing manual merchant underwriting and a secondary focus providing analytics support across a number of areas encompassing credit policy, merchant risk policy, reporting, modeling and process development/improvement. As we gradually automate the role, the balance of this job will shift towards a focus on analytics support and will likely transition into a full time analyst role.
We don’t expect you to know it all, but we require a hunger to learn and drive to go do! This is a tremendous opportunity to get exposure to a wide breadth of material and make a big impact at a fast growing firm.
- Execute manual underwriting on Cherry’s prospective merchant partners
- Assist in automation of the manual underwriting process
- Perform ad hoc analyses around Cherry risk-related issues including underwriting policy, line extension, merchant underwriting and management
- Periodically update Cherry’s valuation models and assumptions to ensure profitable lending and product decisions
- Deliver monthly credit reporting and monitoring
- 0 to 2 years of experience in an analytics role; for experienced hires, leading bank or fintech experience strongly performed
- Languages: SQL is a must; Python and NoSQL (MongoDB) strongly preferred
- Some hands-on experience performing in depth hypothesis-driven analyses utilizing self-pulled data points directly from structured and unstructured databases
- Self-starter with the ability to take general problem statements and build and execute upon a structured analytical plan to drive results
- Ability to manage multiple contemporaneous workstreams
- Curiosity! We want people who like to get to the bottom of why things are the way they are, because that’s how we figure out how to make them better!
- Health, Dental, Commuter, 401k Benefits
- Compensation: Highly competitive salary and equity package – all of our employees receive equity in Cherry!
- Fully remote
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers