The Technical Service Representative is a professional, exempt position that requires troubleshooting of test kits, equipment, and software. The Technical Service Representative reports to the Technical Service Management Team. The position is responsible for responding to calls and emails of a technical nature from customers and international distributors and assisting them with in-house training. This position is also in charge of helping to support our team of domestic Sales Representatives.
• Work directly with customers to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues; monitor the trending of calls, report and validate reoccurring issues or needs from existing customer base.
• Uses discretion to achieve timely solution of problems in order to ensure customer satisfaction, eliminate downtime and prevent cost overruns.
• Troubleshoot equipment and test kit performance.
• Assist with in-house trainings for customers and international distributors.
• Conduct onsite training and service for customers predominantly in New England.
• Perform laboratory functions/analysis in kit performance, customer sample analysis, and some R & D validation of procedures.
• Assist sales department with demos/sales visits/trainings. Assist customer service department.
• Assists with International distributor and customer trainings; conducts training webinars; assists in developing training materials and new product releases.
• Write Standard Operating Procedures as needed. Write and edit operator manuals, competitor analysis, etc.
• Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Bachelor’s Degree in Food /Life Science
• This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand. This position is on call on a rotating schedule.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license.
• Strong technical writing and editing skills.
• Sound working knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Outlook
• 2 years of experience in a laboratory, technical, or technical sales position in Food Safety, Food Processing, Agribusiness, or related fields.
• Experience with food and/or laboratory equipment and testing systems. Ability to learn new systems and provide training and technical support on these systems.
• International professional experience.
• Foreign language skills, particularly French. Spanish, Chinese and/or Japanese also desirable.
• The person in this position frequently communicates with CSI employees, customers, and distributors. Must be able to communicate technical information accurately. The person in this position must be able to move about the facility, have the ability to travel domestically and internationally.
• This position regularly works in an office environment; must be able to read and understand technical manuals.
• The person in this position must possess the ability to comprehend and clearly relate technical details.
• The person in this position must be able to remain stationary for an extended length of time.
• The person in this position must be able to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
• The physical requirements must be performed with or without accommodation.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.