The Shipping Associate is a full time, overtime eligible position that reports to the Shipping Manager. The Shipping Associate will perform a variety of routine shipping tasks. They will pick and package orders with specified shipping requirements as defined by pick tickets for all outbound shipments from Charm Sciences Inc.
• Prepare orders for shipments in accordance with pick tickets and customer requirements.
• Package and ship in accordance with packaging guidelines (IATA and DOT) through accepted methods/practices.
• Help in stocking shelves in the warehouse as needed.
• Work with the materials team in maintaining safety stock for all warehouse materials including finished goods and packing materials.
• Load/unload trucks as required.
• Support Lead Shipping Associate and Receivers as needed.
• Work to improve overall process and procedures in shipping and warehouse.
• Perform routine housekeeping duties including keeping aisles clear and maintaining a safe and orderly warehouse area.
• Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• General shipping experience (2 – 5 years)
• Valid driver’s license.
• Basic math skills including the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in multiple units of measure.
• Proficiency in MS Excel and MS Office products, as well as PC based equipment, printers, and other peripherals.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently, to prioritize responsibilities.
• This is a full-time position, and hours may vary. Must be available between 7:00am and 7:00pm Monday through Friday, and occasionally Saturdays maybe required.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Ability to obtain a forklift license.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and can be loud.
• Ability to stand stationary for extended length of time.
• Ability to bend, twist, stoop, reach, lift materials up to 50 lbs. periodically.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• Position involves some repetitive physical activities.
• Working conditions include exposure to extreme temperatures such as performing regular duties in hot/humid warehouse and retrieving product from walk in freezer.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.