The QA Technician is a non-exempt, entry level laboratory position that reports to the QA Calibration Specialist. The QA Technician is responsible for calibrating laboratory equipment.
• Calibrate in house and customer laboratory equipment including pipets, thermometers, incubators, centrifuges, and balances
• Perform Quality testing on Charm manufactured products and resale products as requested.
• Follow standard operating procedures (SOPs) and recommend updates as needed
• Evaluate results using Microsoft Excel SOP forms
• Document asset status in EtQ Reliance
• Provide organized summary of data and feedback to the QA Calibration Specialist and QC/QA Management as needed
• Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Understanding of basic statistics
• Available to work Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:30 AM and 5:30 PM with some flexibility
• Must possess a valid driver’s license for travel between three (3) local facilities
• Experience in a GMP/GLP environment
• Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Access, Excel, and Outlook
• Familiarity with proper pipetting technique
• Ability to give and receive feedback
• Diligent, dependable, and self-motivated
• Able to lift 25 pounds frequently
• Able to sit or stand for an extended length of time
• Able to work at a computer for an extended length of time
• Able to work for 10 to 15 minutes in low temperature environments (4°C and -20°C)
• Able to work under the pressure of tight deadlines
• Able to operate micro-pipettors repeatedly and accurately for up to 6 hours
• Able to frequently move about the inside of all Charm Sciences facilities and drive between facilities as needed.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.