The Production Mechanic III is a skilled trade, overtime eligible position that requires a technical background. The Production Mechanic III will report to the VP of Engineering’s Management team. The Production Mechanic III is responsible for ensuring the operation of machinery and mechanical equipment at all Charm Sciences facilities as needed.
• Perform and manage preventative maintenance program to ensure all packaging equipment remains in “as new” condition, includes motors, pneumatic systems, and conveyor systems.
• Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
• Troubleshoots and repairs manufacturing and packaging line equipment and parts by using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
• Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, callipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments. Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
• Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish tasks.
• Continuously evaluates and guides maintenance team and practices to eliminate non-productive activities and implements productivity enhancements.
• Maintains a working cell phone in order to ensure consistent communication during regular working hours, unless a device is provided by the company.
• Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• 5+ years’ experience in an industrial/manufacturing maintenance/operation environment.
• 5+ years’ experience in industrial electrical systems, and pneumatic controls.
• Comprehensive knowledge PLC’s and ability to work with proprietary computer base machine controls.
• “Hands on” attitude and solid work history
• Available to work extra hours when needed to reach production goals.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license
• Skilled with Microsoft Office
• GMP/GLP Experience
• Knowledge of OSHA Safety Rules.
• Supervisory Experience
• Possesses basic machine shop skills
• Completion of technical school or courses
• Able to lift and or move up to 50 pounds frequently.
• Must be able to bend, push and pull equipment.
• Able to remain stationary for an extended length of time.
• The person in this position must be able to visually detect malfunctions in production equipment.
• The person in this position is frequently required to move about the facility and drive to other locations.
• Must be able to work in clean room environment.
• Must be able to position self for an extended period of time in front of or under equipment and have dexterity to work with trade tools.
• The person in this position must be able to communicate findings when troubleshooting.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.