About Charles River Associates:
For over 50 years, Charles River Associates has been a premier consulting firm that offers employees a place to learn from a diverse group of consultants, industry experts, and academics. At CRA you will be exposed to leading minds who use economic, financial, and business analysis to solve complex world problems for an impressive roster of clients, including major law firms, Fortune 100 companies, and government agencies. Through a collegial environment, formal and informal training opportunities, and a broad array of professional development resources, your experience at CRA will open doors for you as you launch your career.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Charles River Associates is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our focus on equity and inclusion, we work to ensure a fair and consistent hiring process. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to an inclusive work environment.
Consultants in CRA’s Energy practice have researched, published, taught, and consulted on energy matters for a wide range of clients, including electric and gas utilities, investors, power asset owners and developers, power agencies, large industrial firms, and clean energy technology leaders. Our work in the energy industry has guided the energy transitions of major firms, established legal precedents in economics, and set new standards in market design and oversight. We have advised on developing the structure of national and regional competitive markets, reorganized multi-billion-dollar companies, testified in hundred-million-dollar damages litigation, and played a key role in most North American utility mergers and acquisitions that have taken place over the last decade.
As a firm we offer a top-notch experience for junior consultants; a rigorous analytical education, opportunities for significant responsibility, and resources to support professional growth. As an Analyst/Associate you will conduct research and use software to organize, analyze, and deliver data-driven insights, you will have frequent contact with senior leadership, and you will always have your project team as a resource.
As an Analyst/Associate your responsibilities may include (but are not limited to):
- Performing a broad range of quantitative consulting tasks such as building and running electric power system models, database management, and forecasting
- Analyzing economic and financial data using spreadsheets and statistical programs
- Conducting industry, market structure, and competitor-positioning studies
- Investigating and analyzing market rules, regulations, industry trends, or other documents
- Reviewing and summarizing analyst reports, client documents, and industry trade press
- Engaging in client interactions and assisting with preparation of client deliverables
- Assisting in the production and development of research summaries, expert reports, and the presentation of findings
- Ensuring the integrity and accuracy of analyses
- Assisting with whitepaper development, recruiting, and training efforts
We’re looking for energetic, highly-motivated candidates with a strong interest in the energy industry who have majored in a quantitative discipline such as economics, physics, engineering, or mathematics. We place high value on research experience, computer and programming skills, presentation and communication skills, and strong writing ability. We expect entry-level Analysts to learn quickly; solve problems; prioritize tasks; and communicate well with peers, senior staff, and clients. A successful applicant will be able to work collaboratively in a team environment and effectively communicate complex ideas to all levels of the client organization.
We will accept applications from candidates with an undergraduate degree or a Masters degree, held by Fall 2022. Applicants with skills in both energy and economics/finance (demonstrated through coursework or work experience) will be viewed most favorably. Experience with MS Excel, programming languages, or other data analytics tools are a plus.
Interested in Applying?
To be considered for this position, we require the following by November 30, 2021:
- Cover letter – please describe your interest in CRA’s Energy Practice and how the analyst/associate role matches your goals.
- Resume – please include current address, email, and telephone number
- Transcript – may be unofficial
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, please apply early.
Charles River Associates is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer (EEO/AAE): Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled.