SPRING INTERN 2022 – JUST AND INCLUSIVE ECONOMY
Ceres is a sustainability nonprofit organization working with the most influential investors and companies to build leadership and drive solutions throughout the economy. Through powerful networks and advocacy, Ceres tackles the world’s biggest sustainability challenges, including climate change, water scarcity and pollution, and environmental justice.
The Just and Inclusive Economies team aligns with the Ceres mission to guide companies to strengthen their business by realizing a commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion, achieve equality and equity across wages and benefits and better prepare for the future by supporting a just and inclusive transition for their workforce and the communities they are a part of.
Position Description & Responsibilities:
The Just and Inclusive Economies team is seeking a detail-oriented and accomplished researcher to contribute to the development of a research project focused on the benefits of carbon pricing from an economic perspective. The project will conclude with a forward-facing publication. The work of this internship will align with the Ceres agenda outlined in the “Build a Just and Inclusive Economy” section of the Ceres Roadmap 2030.
We are looking for candidates with strong organizational and research skills, an ability to work independently, and some familiarity with environmental and sustainability policies.
Specific opportunities to support this work may include but are not limited to:
- Conduct external research on current global movement on carbon pricing
- Collect and organize research findings and sources into shared team documents
- Communicate with internal Ceres research collaborators and external consultants
- Assist in analyzing research and data collected to be presented in a publication
Our ideal candidate will have a mix of the following skills:
- Awareness of the issues covered in the “Build a Just and Inclusive Economy” section of the Ceres Roadmap 2030, gained through relevant life, academic, or career experience
- Experience reviewing and synthesizing multiple different sources of qualitative information into a cohesive case for action
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, prioritize responsibilities, and work independently while being part of a team
Prior professional experience (full-time, part-time or internship) is a plus.