SPRING INTERN 2022- INNOVATION AND EVALUATION
Ceres is a sustainability nonprofit organization working with the most influential investors and companies to build leadership and drive solutions throughout the economy. Through powerful networks and advocacy, Ceres tackles the world’s biggest sustainability challenges, including climate change, water scarcity and pollution, and inequitable workplaces.
Ceres’ Innovation & Evaluation Team works to scale the impact of Ceres work by measuring and evaluating progress towards achieving programmatic objectives, as well as supporting the incubation and vetting of new project ideas. This work includes strengthening the planning, evaluation, and asset management functions within the organization that need to be implemented to effectively achieve Ceres’ mission. The Innovation & Evaluation Team would like to bring on an intern to help us work through a significant backlog of data entry from various teams, complete multi-year impact case studies, and undertake discrete innovation projects.
Specific tasks are outlined below:
- Provide research support to evaluate available corporate and ESG data sources
- Support team in report evaluation process, including data entry, data cleaning, and initial analyses.
- Provide research support to enable documentation of Ceres’ impact related to corporate and investor sustainability commitments and actions:
- Utilizing internal resources, including grant proposals, reports, and press releases, research and compile multi-year data on corporate and investor actions on clean-energy, water, and capital markets;
- Perform analysis on company actions, specifically related to Ceres’ engagement over a defined time horizon
- Design learning sessions and support team in the rollout of Ceres’ Impact Lab 2022, a week of innovative thinking and experimentation.
- Assist with additional projects on an ad-hoc basis, as needed
- Office experience desired.
- Interest and experience in sustainability and/or responsible investing desired.
- Strong research, analytical, and communication skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Familiarity with Excel, Salesforce, Google Suite, a plus.
How to Apply: Applicants should submit a resume, cover letter and writing sample.
Ceres is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any individual based on race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law.