Centrillion Bioscience is creating transformative genomic technologies leveraging engineering and biochemistry breakthroughs to accelerate discovery and reveal the real genome that has thus far been obscured by its complexity and the limitations of existing technologies. Our team of scientists, engineers and business professionals is committed to making a new generation of genomic technologies accessible and affordable for multitude of previously unapproachable applications in healthcare, scientific research, agriculture and consumer genomics. Centrillion’s Molecular Vision Laboratory (MVL) is a leader in identification of genetic mutations in vision disorders. Centrillion is backed by venture capital and strategic investors and has operations in Silicon Valley, CA, Portland, OR and in Asia Pacific.
We have immediate need of Sr. Scientist/Engineer – DNA Synthesis and Array Fabrication at our Palo Alto, CA office; job details are as follows:
- Plan and execute applied R&D and sustaining activities in the area of wafer-scale photolithographic synthesis of high-density oligonucleotide arrays
- Materials modification and characterization for solid phase oligonucleotide synthesis
- Design and develop improved chemistries, materials, and processes for the fabrication of DNA arrays
- Specify and procure components, materials, reagents and systems
- Operation and maintenance of equipment for automated synthesis, photolithography, and chemical analysis
- Collaborate with scientists and engineers in a cross-functional and multi-disciplinary working team.
- Transfer new processes from R&D to manufacturing.
- Documentation of experimental work; analysis of data; and presenting results
- Preparation of written methods and SOPs
- Support R&D and Manufacturing Operations and QC
- PhD, or MS + 4 years’ experience in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Material Science, or related field.
- Extensive knowledge and practical experience in organic & analytical chemistry.
- Proficient in the use of methods of instrumental chemical analysis, such as NMR, HPLC, MS, FTIR.
- Practical experience in the areas of solid-phase oligonucleotide synthesis, surface chemistry and DNA array fabrication is strongly preferred.
- Working familiarity with process development and optimization using DOE methodology, Statistical Analysis, Process Control also desired.
- Working familiarity with tools and technologies for semiconductor microfabrication a plus.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and execute independent and collaborative research projects.
- Must be a strong team player, detail oriented, and perform well under pressure
- She/he will be required to develop additional competencies and apply practical skills and knowledge to solving a variety of applied scientific and technical problems.