Centrillion Bioscience is creating transformative genomic technologies leveraging engineering and biochemistry breakthroughs to accelerate discovery and reveal the real genome that has thus far been obscured by its complexity and the limitations of existing technologies. Our team of scientists, engineers and business professionals is committed to making a new generation of genomic technologies accessible and affordable for multitude of previously unapproachable applications in healthcare, scientific research, agriculture and consumer genomics. Centrillion’s Molecular Vision Laboratory (MVL) is a leader in identification of genetic mutations in vision disorders. Centrillion is backed by venture capital and strategic investors and has operations in Silicon Valley, CA, Portland, OR and in Asia Pacific.
Centrillion has developed an industrial leading very high-resolution spatial sequencing chip. These chips are used for very long DNA sequencing, spatial transcriptomics (every cell transcriptomics) and many other applications. The high-definition spatial sequencing chips are manufactured using state of the art fabrication facilities.
Life Sciences Research Assistant – Spatial Transcriptomics
We are looking for a Life Sciences Research Assistant for their research and development teams. These positions are in a fast-paced, start-up environment, interacting with R&D scientists from a variety of backgrounds, with a heavy focus on molecular biology and biochemistry. Life Sciences Research Assistant will divide their time between hands-on laboratory work, data analysis, and lab organization and maintenance. The selected individuals will be working in a support role toward the development of new genomics technologies. The candidate will work with multiple scientists to assist with a broad range of duties including making buffers, following protocols, developing, or adapting new protocols for new needs.
- Produce, analyze, document and report results, achieving reproducible, high-quality data in a timely manner.
- Keep accurate and detailed laboratory records.
- Communicate daily results and summarize progress with supervisor by oral update or written report.
- Troubleshoot, rapidly propose solutions, and/or seek help.
- Professionally handle the pressure of aggressive deadlines while maintaining data quality.
- Maintains laboratory equipment performance
- Maintains R&D laboratory supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies. Works closely with Purchasing to manage all laboratory ordering needs.
- Resolves laboratory problems by consulting with technical coordinators, laboratory directors, research professionals, attending committee meetings.
- Must have excellent organizational skills and be able to maintain careful attention to detail.
- Proficiency with standard software (e.g., Microsoft Office) is required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience keeping accurate and detailed laboratory records.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Demonstrated experience with biological methods.
- Enjoy a challenging research and development environment working with multidisciplinary team
- Must be familiar with basic laboratory techniques
- Attention to detail and careful lab work are required.
- The candidate would be responsible for coordinating with other technicians and research associates in preparing enough samples each week to meet project deadlines.
- Candidates with knowledge and experience with PCR, protein purification, western blotting, library preparation, NGS sequencing, DNA/RNA isolation and handling will be given preference.
B.A./B.S. with 1-2 years of experience in a molecular biology, biochemistry, genetics, or microbiology is required.