Centrillion Bioscience is creating transformative genomic technologies leveraging engineering and biochemistry breakthroughs to accelerate discovery and reveal the real genome that has thus far been obscured by its complexity and the limitations of existing technologies. Our team of scientists, engineers and business professionals is committed to making a new generation of genomic technologies accessible and affordable for multitude of previously unapproachable applications in healthcare, scientific research, agriculture and consumer genomics. Centrillion’s Molecular Vision Laboratory (MVL) is a leader in identification of genetic mutations in vision disorders. Centrillion is backed by venture capital and strategic investors and has operations in Silicon Valley, CA, Portland, OR and in Asia Pacific.
We have immediate need of Chemistry Research Associate – Process Research & Development at our Palo Alto, CA office; job details are as follows:
- Conduct supervised chemistry & materials research experiments for manufacturing process development
- Evaluate performance of components and systems
- Documentation of experimental work; analysis of data; documenting and presenting results
- Preparation of written methods and SOPs
- Calibrating and maintaining analytical instruments, process tools & systems.
- procurement of components, materials, reagents
- Support R&D and Manufacturing Pilot and QC operations
- BS or MS in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering
- 2+ years industry R&D experience
- Excellent knowledge & hands-on experience in Organic & Analytical Chemistry
- Proficient in the use of instrumentation for chemical and spectroscopic analysis, such as HPLC, MS, NMR, FTIR, UV, Fluorescence, etc.
- Experience with automated DNA or Peptide synthesis preferred
- Familiarity with Microfabrication Technologies desirable
- Demonstrated ability to plan and execute research experiments
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and interdisciplinary teamwork skills
- She/he will be required to develop additional competencies, and apply practical skills and knowledge to solving a variety of applied scientific and technical problems