Position Overview: This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the firm’s growth by supporting new ESG-focused investment solutions. The Analyst will work within the firm’s quantitative research group, with a principal focus on the group’s Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) research. The candidate’s primary responsibilities will be to generate ESG tools and reports for the firm, source and test ESG data including climate change data, research and refine ESG stock selection factors, and support quantitative team members. The candidate will also have the opportunity to interact with fundamental investment team members and other departments in the firm.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong analytical, mathematical and computer programming skills (Python, SQL).
- Demonstrated interest in climate change science and investment implications globally.
- Process and apply new concepts quickly and effectively.
- Effective verbal and written communication.
- Thrives in a team-oriented and collaborative environment.
- Passion for sustainability investing.
- Bachelor’s degree with strong GPA required. Degree in environmental science, earth science, atmospheric science, or related area preferred.
- Relevant graduate degree a plus.
- ESG certification or program of study a plus.
- Experience working in quantitative equity investments or closely related field and international/emerging markets are highly desirable.
- ESG experience is strongly preferred, including:
o Experience identifying and testing investment implications of environmental and climate change issues across sectors.
o Familiarity with methodologies and techniques for climate change scenario analysis, calibrating physical and transition risks and opportunities.
o Familiarity with novel data sets / sources for assessing physical risks of climate change.
- Programming skills (e.g., SQL, VBA, Python, S-Plus/R)
- Working knowledge of financial software (e.g., Factset, Bloomberg, Vision/FAST, ClariFi).
- Proficient with large time-series databases and Microsoft Office.
Please visit us at https://www.causewaycap.com/about-causeway/careers/
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the fact or perception of their race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.