CATALOG is a well-funded startup that is changing the way the world stores and computes on data, using DNA. We are growing our team to build CATALOG’s DNA-based data storage and computation platform.
You’re enthusiastic about:
· Building new tools and technologies with molecular biology
· Joining a supportive and collegial team with a growth mindset
· Teaching and learning from colleagues of diverse backgrounds
· Wearing lots of hats as we pioneer the future of DNA-based data storage and computation
What you will do:
· Validate and perform DNA-based assays at the bench (DNA purification, PCR, qPCR, NGS, etc.)
· Optimize and improve methods for assembling, manipulating, and sequencing DNA
· Collaborate with hardware and software teams to implement changes to our end-to-end platform
· Analyze data, present findings, and contribute new ideas to our IP portfolio
Required soft skills:
· Quick learner who is excited by a fast-paced startup environment
· Dependable team player with strong communication and documentation skills
· Creative and proactive problem solver
· MS in molecular biology, biochemistry, or a related field, or BA/BS with at least 2 years of wet lab experience, preferably in an industry setting
· Familiarity with lab automation is a plus
At CATALOG, our goal is to solve new problems in an unexplored and groundbreaking field. To do this, we must build an inclusive team with different points of view. CATALOG supports and celebrates diversity in our workforce.
Unfortunately, we are unable to sponsor visas.