Casella Resource Solutions (CRS) is seeking a qualified candidate to perform on-site resource management for activities in the Higher Education and Healthcare fields. This position will be based out of Peabody, MA with frequent travel to Boston University, Charlestown Recycling Facility, and other locations within the Greater Boston Area.
The Account Specialist will be responsible for managing, monitoring, and overseeing day-to-day operating requirements while creating incremental value through innovative solutions which maximize value to the customer and Casella. With ambitious zero waste goals, the incumbent will be responsible for partnering with the team at Boston University, Campus Stakeholders, and Casella to drive the Material Management Program towards Zero Waste.
- Direct management, oversight, and program implementation.
- Responsible for maintaining close business relationships with all key-decision makers and establishing new relationships as applicable.
- Responsible for managing contract performance and execution, and assisting with contract negations as applicable.
- Responsible for managing account performance within a given budget.
- Lead and drive internal and external meetings as applicable.
- Effectively communicate and exchange account information between all involved Casella operating entities.
- Continually advance and implement innovative new solutions for maximizing value to customer and Casella.
- Leverage Casella’s Sourcing capabilities to provide 3rd party services and develop alternative outlets for designated material streams.
- Develop and execute a strategic plan and continuous improvement plans.
- Assists in identifying opportunities for continuous improvement on collection methods, increasing material values, material contamination, disposition, and provides insight and feedback about safety and development.
- Schedules material movements including MSW, metals, organics, non-regulated waste, and recyclables.
- Maintains safety as the center of focus by keeping up with equipment maintenance as needed and completing facility checklists.
- Demonstrates effective leadership skills by communicating clear goals, coaching team members on achieving goals, providing development opportunities to ensure employees attain the necessary skills to obtain results, organizing team initiatives.
- Participates in training and other learning opportunities to expand knowledge of the company, products, sales, and services and performs any other duties needed to help drive our vision, fulfill our mission, and/or abide by our core values.
Education, Experience & Qualifications
The successful candidate will have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in environmental, sustainability, or other related field, a certification as a TRUE Zero Waste Advisor or ability to become certified, success in a team environment, and 1-3 years of customer service experience. A physical ability to be on-site and lift 35lbs. is required. An ability to travel within the Greater Boston Area throughout the day along with periodic overnight stays is necessary. Although not required, program or project management experience and experience in developing continuous improvement processes is preferred.
Excellent listening, verbal and written communication and problem solving skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications are needed. Strong attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and interest in sustainability are expected.
Responsible, team-oriented individual who is committed to safety, demonstrates strong verbal and written communication skills, committed to customer service and results-oriented with the ability to see the larger picture while focusing on detailed information.
Benefits & Rewards
Want easy-to-use, rewarding benefits? Well, we’ve got those! Our employee rewards program is designed to help you in your career, and in your life outside of Casella. From competitive wages to comprehensive medical plans to employee stock purchase and retirement savings options, learn about all the ways we reward you.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an environment of inclusion and mutual respect where opportunities are available to all applicants and team members without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and veteran status, status as individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state laws. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our team members is critical to our success as a company and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people.