We are seeking to hire a Principal Algorithm Design Engineer to join our team based in Andover, MA, USA which is located about 30 minutes north of Boston.
The Principal Algorithm Design Engineer will impact the organization by working with our design team to help architect and implement solutions for a wide range of challenging problems related with 5G PHY Layer implementation and optimization, designing and implementing OFDM, LDPC, novel, adaptive massive MIMO solutions, echo cancellation algorithms and new 5G standards from 3GPP.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop innovative baseband algorithms for OFDM communications systems such as 5G and DOCSIS.
- Conduct floating-point and fixed-point simulations and generate fixed-point design document for implementation teams.
- Work with FPGA/DSP teams for architecture design and verification including bit-true verification and lab debugging.
- Develop technical documentation and design specifications.
- Conduct end-to-end 5G system performance analysis.
- Review and Improve MAC algorithms for 5G performance improvement.
- Graduate degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science; PhD a plus.
- 7+ years of related experience in algorithm design of wireless communication systems such as 3G, 4G, 5G or Wifi/Bluetooth.
- Familiar with design and verification flow of wireless system design including system modeling, test vector generation, and bit-true testing.
- Knowledge of 4G/5G, DOCSIS protocol, commercially wired/wireless networking protocols.
- Familiar with MATLAB and C/C++ simulations
- A passion learning new technology, solving complex problems, and delivering on quality.
- Creative problem solving skills, attention to detail, and good coding skills are required.
- Must be a self-starter capable of independently driving tasks to completion.
- Must have good teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Able to live Casa’s core values: fun work environment, innovation & risk taking; passion, dedication & perseverance; and honesty & loyalty.
Casa Systems, Inc. offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. Casa Systems, Inc. participates in the E‑Verify program. Casa Systems is committed to fostering a diverse workforce and inclusive work environment free from unlawful employment discrimination and without barriers to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO).