We are seeking to hire a FPGA/DSP Design Engineer to join our FPGA design team based at our corporate headquarters located in Andover, MA, USA which is about 30 minutes north of Boston.
The FPGA/DSP Design Engineer will be a member of the FPGA design team and will work with a cross-functional team of FPGA Engineers, Design Verification Engineers, Software and Software Quality Assurance Engineers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design, simulate and implement synthesizable RTL for high performance FPGAs.
- Create original designs as well as modify and improve existing FPGA designs.
- Perform architecture and RTL design of 5G wireless communication systems including documentation, RTL coding, unit and system level simulation.
- Board level integration with hardware, software, and driver developers.
- Develop technical documentation and design specifications.
- Perform detailed technical analyses and debug lab and customer issues.
- Design debug using lab equipment (oscilloscope, logic & bus analyzers, device programmers).
- Undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science.
- 2+ to 5 years of related experience of RTL design in the area of digital signal processing or Graduate degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science.
- 2+ years of related experience of RTL design in the area of digital signal processing.
- Familiar with the verification flow of wireless system design including system modeling, test vector generation, and bit-true testing.
- Knowledge of signal processing of wireless communications such as filter, timing/carrier recovery, equalizer, LDPC, etc. preferred.
- Understand Xilinx or Altera FPGA silicon designs.
- Knowledge of 4G/5G, DOCSIS protocol, commercially wired/wireless networking protocols.
- Familiar with MATLAB.
- A passion learning new technology, solving complex problems, and delivering on quality.
- Creative problem solving skills, attention to detail, and good coding skills are required.
- Must be a self-starter capable of independently driving tasks to completion.
- Must have good teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Able to live Casa’s core values: fun work environment, innovation & risk taking; passion, dedication & perseverance; and honesty & loyalty.
Casa Systems, Inc. offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. Casa Systems, Inc. participates in the E‑Verify program. Casa Systems is committed to fostering a diverse workforce and inclusive work environment free from unlawful employment discrimination and without barriers to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO).