Carrier Transicold & Refrigeration Systems (Refrigeration) helps improve the transport and shipping of temperature-controlled cargoes with a complete line of equipment and services for refrigerated transport, industrial cooling, retail display, and cold chain visibility. For 50 years, the Refrigeration business has been an industry leader, providing customers around the world with the most advanced, energy-efficient, and environmentally sustainable container refrigeration systems and generator sets, direct-drive and diesel truck units, trailer refrigeration systems, mechanical systems, and refrigerated display cases.
Carrier Transicold is seeking a motivated Mechanical Engineer with a background or interest in electrical systems or a minor in Electrical Engineering to join the Syracuse, NY Truck/Trailer Engine & Power Generation, team. This position will be part of the Truck & Trailer Engineering group. In this role, the engineer will provide design, development, and integration engineering support focusing on new technologies for transport refrigeration units.
- Conduct design evaluation, bench-marking, supplier evaluation, and component qualification for Transport Refrigeration Units (TRU).
- Create and/or modify documentation, including technical requirements, functional specifications, design specifications, qualification test plans, reports, and engineering change notices.
- Participate in component design reviews.
- Interface with cross-functional team members, key global component manufacturers, and other suppliers to move design solutions to production.
- Apply knowledge of DFMEA or other robust engineering tools, tolerance analysis, simulation, and statistical methods to improve the robustness and quality of TRU engines and components.
- Implement and support development testing activities, including daily interaction with Carrier Transicold test engineering and component vendors.
- Follow all appropriate design, safety, and qualification standards for development programs.
- BS in Mechanical or similar engineering discipline with 2 to 4 years of experience.
- Willingness to take on unique engineering challenges outside of prior work experience or primary educational background
- Strong Troubleshooting Abilities
- Matlab/Simulink/ Other system modeling software
- CAD/Pro-E Design
- Strong Presentation Abilities
- Familiarity with Heating, Ventilating, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration systems is desired but not required.
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job Applicant’s Privacy Notice:
Click on this link to read the Job Applicant’s Privacy Notice