Carrier was built on Willis Carrier’s invention of modern air conditioning in 1902; Carrier is a leading provider of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable, and high-performance buildings. We constantly build upon our history of proven innovation with new products and services that improve global comfort and efficiency. Today, Carrier needs your talent to build upon this legacy and create solutions that matter for people and our planet!
Our residential HVAC manufacturing site in Collierville, TN, is a 950,000 square foot facility with over 1,800 represented employees producing 1.3 million air conditioners yearly. This is Carrier’s largest and most profitable facility; success in this role will pave the way to further opportunities within the Carrier business.
In order to maintain our role as a global leader, we continue to seek talented, ambitious individuals to join our engineering team. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to apply your expertise, then we have a great opportunity for you; it will certainly be a summer to remember!
- Assist in the supervision of thirty to eighty hourly associates
- Oversee the production planning, staffing, and day-to-day manufacturing operations in a cost-effective manner; monitor production orders or schedules to ensure products and scheduled delivery dates are met in order to plan department operations.
- Preview production/operating reports and resolve operational manufacturing and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- Develop and work with other supervisors and Human Resources in all areas such as employee relations, problem-solving, setting and achieving goals, manufacturing processes, scheduling, disciplinary actions, terminations, equipment problems, etc.
- Develop and revise standard operational and working practices and observe employees ensure compliance.
- Participate in efforts for assistance in achieving Quality goals such as FPY, Escapes, Leak reduction, COPQ, Scrap reduction, and Warehouse Holds reduction.
- Propose changes to existing processes to streamline and improve overall performance while maintaining cost controls and creating cost-effective use of resources
- Use the ACE tools (root cause analysis, process certification, standard work, 5S, cause and effect analysis, value stream mapping, etc.) to improve production processes and correct deficiencies as they occur.
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- COVID-19 vaccines will be required for all newly hired Carrier U.S. Salaried employees
- Ability to make suggestions and informed decisions quickly
- Possess strong organizational, leadership, and time management skills
- Highly motivated and possesses follow-up and follow-through skills
- Effective communication (both written and verbally) and interpersonal skills
- Commitment to accountability
- Proficiency with computers, including the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Must be pursuing a bachelor or develop proficiency’s degree in an approved program in business, operations, supply chain, engineering, or related engineering discipline
- GPA must be greater than or equal to 3.0 GPA
- Relevant coursework or previous internships preferred