Carrier was built on Willis Carrier’s invention of modern air conditioning in 1902; Carrier is a leading provider of heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security systems leading to safer, smarter, sustainable, and high-performance buildings. We constantly build upon our history of proven innovation with new products and services that improve global comfort and efficiency. Today, Carrier needs your talent to build upon this legacy and create solutions that matter for people and our planet!
Each day, the engineering team is working to meet some of the most unique and exciting global challenges. In order to maintain our role as a global leader, we continue to seek talented, ambitious individuals to join our engineering team. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to apply your technical expertise, then we have a great opportunity for you. We are seeking an innovative, data-driven, results-oriented leader to contribute to our continued legacy as a summer intern.
Below are some of the ways you will contribute to our team. We have so many exciting projects on the horizon; it will certainly be a summer to remember!
- Support Engineers team with documentation, fabrication, investigation, and testing on systems and processes
- Plan and conduct work requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, and adaptation or modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria
- Provide support in the analysis and test activities in support of escape system development and Operations Support
- Be an active participant in department and site continuous improvement initiatives.
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- COVID-19 vaccines will be required for all newly hired Carrier U.S. Salaried employees
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Strong initiative, interpersonal, and team skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- The ability to multi-task and work well under deadline pressure
- Solid analytical skills
- Ability to comprehend and apply principles of advanced calculus, modern algebra, and advanced statistical theory and work with concepts such as limits, rings, quadratic and differential equations, and proofs of theorems
- Must be pursuing a Bachelors or master’s degree in mechanical, manufacturing, electrical, or related engineering discipline
- Must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Relevant coursework or previous internships preferred