The Engineering Technician performs engineering activities required to support, monitor, troubleshoot and improve manufacturing processes and products–The Engineering Technician will provide technical support for the manufacturing area to which they are assigned (Cable, Assembly, Plating etc.).
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Level I: 1-2 years of experience with the manufacturing and/or testing of microwave cables or related products/processes. Alternatively, associate degree in Electronic Technology, or similar discipline, and less than 1-2 years of experience.
- Level II: Associate Degree in Electronic Technology, similar discipline, or high school diploma with equivalent experience. Demonstrated strong mechanical, technical, and analytical capabilities. Typical minimum 3 years of experience with manufacturing and/or testing of microwave cable or related products/processes. Demonstrated thorough understanding of cable manufacturing processes and testing methods. Demonstrated success in supporting production needs and training of operators.
- Level III: Associate Degree in Electronic Technology, similar discipline, or high school diploma with equivalent experience. Demonstrated advanced mechanical, technical, and analytical capabilities. Demonstrated expertise and understanding of cable manufacturing and testing methods. Skill level is at an advanced to subject matter expert level. Typical minimum of 5 years of experience with the manufacturing and/or testing of microwave cable or related products/processes.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide technical support and oversight to production in order to meet quality, cost, and on-time delivery goals.
- Resolve production issues using root cause analysis and establishing corrective actions.
- Builds, tests and evaluates engineering samples and prototypes.
- Utilizes lean manufacturing tools to improve quality and reduce waste (Standard work, 5S, Flow, Kanban systems etc.)
- Participate in continuous improvement activities related to production processes.
- Participate in sustaining engineering activities (process and router updates).
- Oversee R&D production runs to validate new manufacturing processes.
- May perform technical training for specific tasks and require associated certifications (ex. J-STD-001 etc.)
- Develops/maintains/updates Work instructions and other related documentation.
- Performs advanced electrical, mechanical and/or environmental testing to qualify and validate product performance.
- Great Developmental opportunity for future advancement
*Other duties as required in support of the department and the company*