Candor is a tech company working on wealth equity, starting with helping tech employees understand their stock compensation.
We’re looking for a Freelance Journalist to be part of our Content Team for Fall. You’ll be writing personal finance content focused on investing and tech compensation. This is an important area of our education resources – especially because many folks in tech are first in their family to ever get paid in stock and that can often be overwhelming to deal with.
The ideal candidate has a lot of empathy – you will be helping people understand complex subjects in an easy, approachable way. Some of the articles you write may be things like:
“How to get into venture capital with angel investments”
“What should you do with your stock during an IPO”
” Double-trigger RSUs – everything you should know.”
Our content team is a crucial part of helping women and minorities in tech understand tech careers, compare companies and find the right job fit. You will help build out an exciting new category of our content, where we strive to help those same groups gain the financial literacy they’re often denied.
- We will assign you topics based on your interests and knowledge
- The team will help you with an outline and goals for each article
- You will then write pieces explaining stock compensation and other investment topics
- You’ll love this role if you enjoy research and being creative
- Draft creative reviews & comparisons of various financial products
- Pitch your own article ideas to the team
- Learn how to work alongside editors and product managers.
- We will pay you $100 per submitted article, if accepted for the role. You can write up to 10 pieces/ month.
- This is a freelance role with no minimum time commitment.
- This role is REMOTE
You’ll be our perfect candidate if:
- You’re majoring in Finance, Economics, or a Tech-adjacent field
- You have some experience or passion around investing ( huge bonus points if you’re part of a student venture club)
- You’re passionate about personal finance topics
- You want to work on campaigns that touch 200K+ people/ month
- You want to promote diversity and social responsibility through writing
- You enjoy a high degree of autonomy and ownership over your work
- Are kind, considerate, and thoughtful
You can check-out our work at www.candor.co