2022 Summer Internship | Legal
School Year: May 2022/2023, Recent Grads or Graduate Students
Dates of the Internship: June 1, 2022 – August 6th, 2022
Format: In-Person (Remote Accepted)
Camping World & Good Sam’s legal team is seeking a collaborative, growth-oriented Law Student to enable our business partners to bring new products and services to market. This position will report to the General Counsel. We are looking for someone who is driven, has an interest in developing a strong background in commercial contracts and transactions, deep substantive knowledge in data privacy, and a demonstrated interest in legal operations and who wants to be immersed in a real-world experience. As an intern, you will assist with the daily operations and gain a first-hand experience in the department. If you are eager to learn and want to further develop yourself as a professional; this is the ideal role for you.
- Assist in legal research and help prepare the legal department for presentations
- Reading and pulling information from leases and contracts to aid in research
- Construct “Rent Due” notices and create inference forms and leasing
- Perform basic clerical duties such as taking calls and arranging meetings
- Draft memos, letters and other correspondence as requested.
- Collaborate with the legal department on special individual projects as needed to further develop as a legal professional
- Pursuing a Juris Doctor degree or Doctor of Law degree (J.D.)
- Strategic thinker, anticipate changes in business objectives and legal landscape to effectively guide and manage risk
- Demonstrates an understanding of business objectives, substantive expertise, and sound judgment when advising business partners
- Entrepreneurial, resourceful and energized by new challenges and opportunities
- Quickly synthesizes information, independently acquire working knowledge on new subjects within a short timeframe; know when to escalate internally and request external support
- Strong relationship building skills to gain trust with business partners and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated understanding of the laws and regulations governing data privacy and security, marketing, and intellectual property
Camping World is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age (40 and over), disability, veteran or uniformed service-member status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
About Camping World
The outdoors is a big place and just as it offers endless adventures, so does our company.
Camping World is the premier one-stop-shop for everything RV. Along with RV parts and accessories, we also offer a full selection of new and used RVs for sale; service centers with over 1,900 bays and over 1,600 technicians on staff; over 100 collision centers; RV Spa detail and refurbishment centers; technical advice from knowledgeable experts and hard-to-find parts.
As the RV industry leader, Camping World is always looking for new and better ways to enhance your RV and outdoor experience. Camping World is a big place, just like the great outdoors. We make it our mission to equip you for it. We are seeking dynamic, hard-working team members who are inspired to work amongst diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We’ve got an awesome team already, but there’s always room for more!