Who we are:
Calico is a research and development company whose mission is to harness advanced technologies in order to gain understanding of aging and develop interventions that will address aging-related disease. Executing on this mission will require an unprecedented level of interdisciplinary effort and a long-term focus for which funding is already in place.
Calico is inviting applications from a highly motivated oncology researcher with a background in cellular or molecular biology. The ideal candidate will have broad and flexible interests in cancer and a passion for working on biology related to therapeutic targets.
The successful candidate will work closely with their Calico and partner colleagues to validate and further understand the biology of promising therapeutic targets in oncology. The candidate will also enable and participate in drug discovery programs for those targets.
- Applicants should have completed a Ph.D. degree (or have equivalent training/experience) in a field related to cell or molecular biology. Recent Ph.D. graduates are encouraged to apply
- The ideal candidate will also have a track record of strong research productivity in cancer research, including impactful scientific publications
- Requisite skills include significant prior experience with mammalian cell culture, CRISPR technology, protein biochemistry, and molecular biology
- Competency in bioinformatics or python/R-based data analysis is also a significant plus
- You need to be an enthusiastic team player, thrive on attention to detail, and have excellent verbal/written communication skills