Who we are:
Calico is a research and development company whose mission is to harness advanced technologies to increase our understanding of the biology that controls lifespan and health span, and to devise interventions that enable people to lead longer and healthier lives. Executing on this mission will require an unprecedented level of interdisciplinary effort and a long-term focus for which funding is already in place.
Calico is seeking a Computational Biologist / Data Scientist Research Associate to collaborate on the analysis of single cell ‘omics and mass spectrometry data generated by in-house labs and collaborators. The candidate will partner with our discovery & translational scientists as well as our core technology labs.
As a member of the Computing team you will work closely with other data scientists, software engineers, and bench scientists.
- Develop data analysis strategies, write algorithms, and deploy computational tools for the exploration of proteomics and single-cell datasets (scRNAseq, scATACseq, CITEseq)
- Work with software engineering, data science, genomics, biochemistry, and proteomics teams on the development of novel platforms for extracting biological insight from experimental data at multiple spatial and temporal scales
- Interact closely with scientists in discovery & translational research, understand their data manipulation and analysis needs, provide answers to technical questions through 1-on-1 communication, presentations, and written documents
- Undergraduate + 2 years’ relevant experience, or MS degree in a quantitative discipline such as statistics, biostatistics, computer science, or computational biology
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Intellectual curiosity, attention to detail, good follow-through, proactive approach to collaborations, demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Fluent coding in either R or Python