We are CAES, a technologically advanced electronics company employing more than 3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide. We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in defense, aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for a company that values a friendly work environment and that values YOU? Consider CAES. #peoplefocusedmissiondriven
A career with CAES is more than just a job, it is the pathway to a bright future.
CAES is actively seeking a highly motivated Antenna Design Engineer II to join our engineering development team. In this dynamic environment you will participate in designing, developing and testing sophisticated RF/Microwave Antennas and RF feeds used in a wide variety of Aerospace and Defense applications, providing protection to our warfighters. The successful candidate will have a solid theoretical background in RF/Microwave theory and will also have the creative thinking skills to bring a product from concept to field use.
- Design and modeling of RF/Microwave Antennas and elements from 30 MHz to 50 GHz, for a variety of applications utilizing computer design tools such as HFSS, ADS, CST, GRASP, WIPL, MATLAB and KnowBell
- Microstrip, Horn, Spiral, Dipole, Blade and reflector antenna design and fabrication proposal, proctor qualification, and support production.
- Work with other engineers and advisors to support our multiple antenna, (CNI, Munitions, Missile and other) antenna products and development
- Design, analysis and test of RF/Microwave Antennas, hybrids, feed structures, filters and elements for a variety of applications
- Documentation of design elements, working with design drafting
- Set up and operational Testing and evaluation of engineering hardware in a laboratory environment
- Part Time Travel (less than 10%) expected to support across sites for production support, as well as customer meetings, trade shows, etc.
- Preparation and presentation of customer support meetings such as TIMs, PDRs, CDRs, etc.
- Two (2) + years of experience in RF/Microwave Antenna design
- Two (2) + years of experience with RF measurements including VSWR, Insertion Loss, Phase, Coupling, Pattern and Gain measurements, etc.
- Five (5) + years of experience operating PC using standard applications such as Word, Excel, Power Point, Project, etc.
- Two (2) + years with use of design and analyses software, (at least one of the multiple tools) such as: HFSS, CST, ADS, etc.
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by US export laws. In order to be eligible for this position, you must be a “US Person” under US export laws (or eligible for approval under a U.S. Government export license).
- Design and analyses of Flat Plate Waveguide Array antenna
- Design and specification of components for Reflector Antennas
- Diplexer/Triplexer (high pass/low pass/band pass, stripline) filter design experience
- GPS Experience a plus
- Broadband COMM Blade, annual slot, Microstrip Patch, etc. design and realization
- 3D-CAD experience
- Materials and bonding experience
- Military documentation configuration and control general knowledge
- Good analytical and test skills
- Good writing and interpersonal skills.
- Multitask and adjust to changing priorities.
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in written format. Ability to work in a team environment and cross functionally.
- Good presentation skills for internal and customer meetings, reviews, and updates
CAES is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of CAES to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. CAES will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here.
CAES is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to CAEScareers@cobhamaes.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Share on your newsfeed
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.