Who We Are
At Cadmus, we recognize that solving the world’s most challenging problems can’t be accomplished alone or with cookie-cutter solutions. That’s why we look for team players and problem solvers who are driven to use their unique perspectives and intellectual curiosity to help deliver breakthrough solutions that achieve transformative goals. On the Cadmus team, you’ll collaborate with leading experts to help our clients across the globe.
Cadmus’ mission is to deploy industry-leading expertise to help our clients achieve extraordinary results that strengthen society and the natural world. We offer competitive compensation, outstanding health care and retirement benefits, a vibrant and collaborative work environment, and opportunities for professional growth. We are committed to advancing diversity and fostering a culture of equity in the workplace and across society, and we strive to maintain an inclusive environment where all employees feel connected, respected, and valued.
Join Cadmus. Let’s solve the world’s most challenging problems together.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Support environmentally and socially sound design and management and climate-resilience of development programs and projects in multiple sectors (e.g. agriculture, natural resource management, food security/nutrition, health, humanitarian assistance, WASH, infrastructure and energy) through:
- Development and technical review of safeguards and climate risk documentation;
- Development, revision and/or review of related policies, training materials, and guidance documents;
- Substantial contributions to research, analysis, writing, copy-edit, document production, and translation of technical products and deliverables in the areas of safeguards compliance, environmental and social due diligence, environmental and social impact assessments, natural resource and political economy analyses, climate risk management, climate vulnerability assessments, and/or related training workshops and materials development;
- Otherwise providing exceptional quality technical support in response to client or supervisor direction in a timely, accurate, and professional manner.
- Engage with clients and colleagues to conceive, articulate and/or refine technical approaches or solutions to environmental and social requirements or challenges in a development context. Lead internal discussion and operational decision-making for the implementation of technical work.
- Undertake international travel for field survey and consultations, training delivery, and/or project monitoring in developing areas, including rural areas, in support of the above.
- Support project management, coordination, and/or administration, including preparing draft technical scopes of work or budgets for activities and/or independent consultants.
- Meet internal and client cost and activity tracking and reporting requirements.
- Undertake screening and support proposal development for new business opportunities in line with Cadmus’ business development priorities and processes.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in one of the following: Environmental, Earth, or Climate Sciences; Natural Resources Management; Environmental or Development Economics; Public Health; Public Policy; Civil/Environmental Engineering; International Relations; Agriculture; or Social Sciences with a clear focus in international development, or a related discipline;
- 3 years relevant experience with a Master’s degree, or 5 years’ relevant experience with a Bachelor’s degree, of which at least a portion is field-based international development experience in an academic, professional, or volunteer capacity;
- Professional fluency in a relevant foreign language (e.g. French, Spanish, Arabic)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and with sensitivity in a multi-cultural context
- Demonstrated track-record of excellence independently coordinating, managing, and/or completing project responsibilities with limited supervision, positive attitude, timely delivery, and high degree of accuracy;
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills, and be able to quickly and accurately synthesize complex issues or scenarios for internal and client audiences;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to directly interface with and manage multiple clients with professionalism, diligence, and in a manner that positively represents the organization;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and work well under pressure, including demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize across multiple responsibilities;
- Strong team player able to coordinate activities with superiors, colleagues and overseas field staff in collegial and collaborative fashion.
- Professional proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word, and general proficiency in the broader MS Office suite (e.g., PowerPoint) and Google Suite of programs (e.g., Google Docs, Google Sheets);
- Motivated by Cadmus’ mission and helping international development organizations and programs best achieve environmentally and socially sound and climate resilient development.
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally to developing areas, including rural areas. (Up to 15% of time may be on travel, following resumption of more normal travel post-COVID)
- Experience in consulting and working with USAID or similar agencies is highly desirable.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States as a U.S Perm Resident or U.S. Citizen
Additional Information: To be considered, candidates must submit a resume, cover letter and 2-5 page writing sample.
Based on eligibility and job status, Cadmus offers an excellent benefits package to include: medical, dental, vision, company paid disability and life insurance, 401(k) program, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, voluntary time off (VTO), tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance program, other optional benefits and various bonus programs.
Full vaccination against COVID-19, and compliance with Cadmus’ vaccination verification procedures, is a condition of employment with Cadmus, unless the individual is legally entitled to a reasonable accommodation. Prospective and/or new U.S. employees will be required to submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. “Full vaccination” means two weeks have passed since the individual received: 1) their second shot in a two-dose vaccine series (such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine) or 2) their shot in a single-dose vaccine series (such as the Johnson & Johnson vaccine). Information regarding the process for requesting a reasonable accommodation will be included in the offer letter issued to any prospective employee.
Cadmus is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination. Cadmus is committed to providing a respectful workplace where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation (including gender identity and/or expression), national origin, military and veteran status, physical and mental disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Learn more about Cadmus by visiting our website at: http://www.cadmusgroup.com