Cadmus seeks an Analyst (Data Scientist) for its Energy Services division to help develop and maintain analytics and reporting platforms and conduct statistical analyses for Cadmus and our clients. Cadmus is a leading provider of consulting services in the areas of energy demand side management, renewable and distributed energy, sustainability, utility resource planning and load forecasting. Our talented, multidisciplinary staff provides comprehensive solutions to complex energy and sustainability problems.
Cadmus delivers advanced analytic and strategic consulting services to energy companies, utilities, government agencies, and non-profit organizations. Qualified candidates will have experience with statistics and regression analysis as well as database management. A primary responsibility of the job will be to support senior staff who advise clients on a range of complex demand side management issues regarding demand response, energy efficiency, customer behaviors, renewable energy, and distributed energy resources, as well as on energy pricing and rate design.
Working alongside collaborative, client-service driven colleagues, the data scientist is a key contributor to our innovative solutions. In addition to technical acumen, we seek a team-member who is a problem solver, excited to build and improve our systems.
- Work independently and collaboratively with peers and project managers to deliver high-value solutions to clients and participate in research efforts, ensuring consistency, quality, and reproducibility of research methods
- Assist with planning, designing, and implementing research and sample design projects efforts to support program evaluations
- Conduct primary and secondary data collection and statistical and econometric data analysis
- Apply statistics and econometrics to analyze and interpret data to reach meaningful conclusions and recommendations for inclusion in clearly written, concise reports
- Assist with project management activities
- Contribute to the design, management, and implementation of multiple SQL databases
- Optimize and automate existing data-flow processes including file imports/exports and data-refresh processes
- Develop ETL solutions for a variety of data sources
- Produce data visualizations to distill information and provide meaningful conclusions and recommendations for industry clients
- Analyze collected data using analytical software, identifying trends, summarizing program events, and identifying causal impacts
- BA/BS in economics, statistics, mathematics, data science, or other quantitative science or social science field with 2-4 years academic or professional experience
- Understanding of how to apply statistical methods to data to answer research questions
- Experience with R, Python, Stata or other statistical software to clean and analyze data
- Experience with SQL Server, and SQL Server Data Tools (SSIS, SSRS) or similar SQL and ETL software
- Experience in analyzing, designing, and supporting applications that interface with data warehouses such as Power BI, Tableau, or Shiny
- Skilled in database architecture and design principles including relational database design, views, indexes, joins
- Demonstrated experience in refactoring, testing, debugging, and optimizing SQL code.
- Excellent writing, communication, and critical thinking skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, including setting priorities and adapting to changes in a time-sensitive, deliverable driven workplace
- Strong organizational, detail-oriented skills
- Initiative and ability to self-direct on assignments
- Proficient in MS Office applications, including Word and Excel
- Experience using version control and ticket systems such as GitLab, GitHub, or Jira
- MA or MS in a quantitative field with graduate coursework in sample design, statistics, and regression analysis and/or 2 or more years’ experience designing relational database management systems (RDBMS) and database administration (DBA)
- Familiarity with power and energy analysis techniques, such as regression, temperature bin analysis, etc.
- Data collection experience using APIs and working with JSON files
- Experience working in a professional services/consulting environment
- Familiarity with energy sector or utility industry
- Good understanding of energy efficiency and renewable energy technologies
- Demonstrated ability to self-train including additional trainings and certifications
- This position may be based in Madison, WI; Portland, OR; or Other Cadmus Offices
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States as a U.S Perm Resident or U.S. Citizen
Based on eligibility and job status, Cadmus offers an excellent benefits package to include: medical, dental, vision, company paid disability and life insurance, 401(k) program, employee stock ownership plan (ESOP), paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, voluntary time off (VTO), tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance program, other optional benefits and various bonus programs.
Cadmus is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination. Cadmus is committed to providing a respectful workplace where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, physical and mental disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Learn more about Cadmus by visiting our website at: http://www.cadmusgroup.com