BW Tek brings together a multi-disciplinary team in spectroscopy and analytical technology to develop handheld and portable spectroscopic devices that are key to producing lab quality, faster analytical result at the point of need. As an Electronics Engineer, you will be responsible for developing portions of the measurement and control system and/or associated tooling related to the electronics.
The Electronics Engineer provides expertise to deliver electronic and electrical designs for the entire development process including conceptional approach through detailed designs, prototypes through volume manufacturing, and initial integration through verification and validation. You will collaborate with a multidiscipline engineering force on the electrical infrastructure, perform engineering analysis, generate detailed electronic designs, create engineering drawings/documents and partner with suppliers.
BSEE, MSEE (Preferred), Ph.D, or equivalent experience.
- The engineer will lead a team of specialists who will be responsible for developing, testing, and supporting electronics boards or sub-systems. The engineer will define electrical and test requirements, design circuits and test equipment.
- 5+ years of digital, logic and/or analog design.
- The position requires highly motivated, extremely organized and self-driven individuals.
Required Skills: One or more of the following skills are needed.
- Digital Design:
- Design of digital data acquisition system.
- VHDL embedded code for FPGA logic.
- A/D and or D/A.Testing Validation and Verification (V&V) of requirements.
- Analog Design:
- Low noise analog interface for sensor application; photonics sensors.
- A/D and or D/A.
- Testing Validation and Verification (V&V) of requirements.
- Test Equipment:
- Development of test equipment and test procedures to test and qualify analog and digital circuit boards or electronics racks.
- Implementation of data acquisition hardware/software.
- Experienced in firmware development.
- Understanding of firmware- software interfacing
- Electronic Design Automation – Altium, PCB Designer, PSpice, OrCAD, PADs or similar.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.