Why shouldn’t a project use high performance, low energy building systems?
As a Building Services (MEP) engineer you will collaborate and work the architects, and other engineers, to develop creative, energy efficient buildings that provide both aesthetic to its physical surrounding and utility to its occupants. We at Buro Happold work as part of a global team, balance client’s aspirations with engineering constraints, to design high performance, low energy building systems. We use advanced modelling techniques to analyze the building envelope and its floor layouts. Our innovatively designed systems are then integrated into the building fabric, to create functional internal spaces and balanced, controllable conditions.
With us, your preconceptions will be tested, your resilience built, and your career enriched. This role offers you the opportunity to:
· Undertake detailed electrical engineering building services design and calculations (using both software and knowledge to verify robust calculations)
· Embrace the latest technologies to improve performance and sustainability. Sustainable design is top of our corporate agenda
· Prepare technical specifications and schedules, design development reports and innovative design solutions
· Analyze load to determine system sizing, and assign circuitry for power and lighting devices
· Participate in Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Unit meetings, and perform ICT administrative tasks such as inventory documentation
· Work in a team environment where you’ll collaborate with other electrical and ICT engineers and continue to grow your skills in areas such as ICT, Security and Audio-Visual engineering, consulting and project management solutions
· Collaborate with individuals from other disciplines and/or vendors to gain knowledge on new subjects
· Write summaries of the calculation methodologies employed
· Ensure service and project work are carried out to an excellent standard – within agreed deadlines and within budget
· Plan and manage the input of geometry and data into Revit models
· Create computational solutions to complex engineering problems via visual programming
· Contribute to our open source coding platform BHoM (bhom.xyz)
· Represent Buro Happold at meetings with clients, other professionals and suppliers.
We’ll help you meet your goals, respecting your ideas and fostering your creativity, collaboration and innovation. In return we ask you to bring the following:
· Bachelor or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Architectural Engineering
· Coursework in electrical power systems design, control systems, and/or building systems design
· Interest in the electrical engineering industry with an emphasis on the power side of the discipline
· Interest in telecom distribution, audio-visual, fixed/wireless local area networks, security, cellular mobile infrastructure
· Academic research, coursework, or other experience with alternative energy systems and other technologies new to the construction industry preferred
· Familiarity with BIM modelling software, such as Revit
· Interest and/or experience in visual programming (Dynamo, Grasshopper), coding (Python, C#), and/or open source coding projects
· Internship experience at engineering related firm preferred, and proven interest in the built environment
· Ability to communicate thoughts and technical ideas in an accessible manner
· Eagerness to learn and work as part of a multidisciplinary team
Interested? Intrigued? Inspired?
Please apply online to be considered for this role. We are looking forward to your application!