From helping shape entire cities to adapting infrastructure to deal with the climate emergency, a career at Buro Happold presents the chance to make a difference. With a world class reputation, our creativity and our people have delivered positive change to clients, the environment, and communities alike. If you want to be part of something bigger, this is your chance.
We are a single, global computational community. All of us at Buro Happold apply a computational engineering mindset to every project we undertake.
On a daily basis, we use computational methods to solve complex design problems, creating real value and depth to all our work. Our decentralized and open approach to technology and computational development aligns with our firm’s culture of collaboration. We believe coding and visual programming is for everyone. By helping create and share our Open-Source Coding Platform BHoM (Buildings and Habitats object Model), we wanted to not only expand and strengthen Buro Happold’s collective know-how, but also to enable the wider design community to collaborate with us tackle more complex challenges.
With us, your preconceptions will be tested, your resilience built, and your career enriched. This role offers you the opportunity to:
- Work towards designing and completing a computational tool that will be used by the larger, global Buro Happold team within our open-sourced BHoM (Buildings and Habitats object Model) platform
- Balance computational tool design with on-project experience as directed by the Computational Design Lead
- Become a member of the Buro Happold Computational Collective and participate in global development meetings that shape the digital practice within the company
- Undertake responsibilities as identified by the Computational Design Lead, acting as an integral member of the Computational Design Team
- Work on ongoing computational development, developing Code-based and Dynamo/Grasshopper-based solutions to optimize complex engineering workflows
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary project teams to across the global practice, identify computational opportunities and deliver project work effectively
- Actively review emerging technologies and industry-wide computational design applications and identify development opportunities
- Present findings and accomplishments to the global computational teams to receive feedback that will help shape your future developments throughout your career
- Create computational solutions to complex engineering problems that will be identified on projects
We’ll help you meet your goals, respecting your ideas and fostering your creativity, collaboration and innovation. In return we ask you to bring the following:
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree or above in Architecture or Engineering with a background in Computer Science or a related field with a focus on computational design methods
- Experienced user of most (preferably all) of the following: Revit, Revit API, Dynamo, Rhino, Grasshopper, Visual Studio, GitHub
- Intern or co-op experience in a consultancy environment with BIM and computational design workflows
- Ability to communicate thoughts and technical ideas in an accessible manner through drawings, diagrams and/or code
- Eagerness to learn and work as part of a multidisciplinary team
· At Buro Happold, you’ll work with some of the brightest minds in the industry, contributing to unique and innovative projects that inspire awe, transform communities and help to combat climate change
· Our strength is in our diversity, and you’ll join a team that thrives on openness, respect and collaboration. Your expertise will be recognized, your opinion valued, and your passions supported. You will be challenged, and you’ll also be enabled to deliver your best, boldest and most creative work
· Develop cutting edge design solutions which prioritize the efficient use of materials, energy and natural resources.
Interested? Intrigued? Inspired?
Please apply online to be considered for this role. We are looking forward to your application!