A Fire Protection Engineering Intern will work collaboratively with our teams to support our Aviation & Federal team. This position will provide support and assistance with requests in support of the business strategy.
- Assist in the design and specification of fire suppression systems including wet-pipe, dry-pipe, preaction, deluge, fire pumps, and storage tanks on a wide variety of project types. Knowledge of special systems such as foam, spray, mist, clean agent, wet/dry chemical, and carbon dioxide is preferred.
- Assist in the design and specification of fire alarm systems, mass notification systems, and releasing systems. Knowledge of manual, electric, and pneumatic releasing, as well as cross-zoning and flame detection is preferred.
- Assist in preparation of comprehensive fire protection packages including fire suppression, fire alarm, smoke evacuation, and life safety.
- Apply sound fire protection engineering principles to assist in troubleshooting and solving client related problems.
- Assist with ad hoc projects as assigned by managers.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Pursuit of Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Fire Protection Engineering or closely related degree from an accredited program.
- Currently enrolled, and in good standing, in a post-secondary education in a field related to the work done in the department.
- Minimum of a 3.0 GPA strongly preferred.
- Prior internship and/or related consulting experience preferred.
- Actively involved in campus, community or other volunteer activities or organizations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Basic knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office programs, including, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Self-motivated and eager learner, aptitude to grow and develop within the field.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work, without restrictions or without need for work sponsorship, in the country where this position is located, for the duration of the internship.
The expected hourly range for this position is displayed in accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. The final agreed upon compensation is based on a number of factors, including but not limited to: individual education, qualifications, prior work experience and work location.
Interns may participate in our 401(k) retirement program provided plan eligibility requirements are met. Sick leave is accrued based on the actual number of hours worked. For more information, please visit the Benefits & Wellness page.