An Engineering Intern will work collaboratively with our Transmission & Distribution Global Practice. Interns will gain on-the-job I&C training and knowledge of project execution exposure. This position will provide support and assistance with requests in support of the business strategy.
- Assist in the design of distribution projects from the conceptual phase through design completion.
- Prepare design sketches, cost estimates, bill of materials, and other required deliverables.
- Apply basic knowledge of NESC standards and utility standards, guides, specifications, and procedures.
- Assist with research and compiles project-related data as required by the project managers.
- Assist with tasks that may include filing, scanning, data entry, documentation, Power Point presentation.
- Assist with responses to general questions.
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts by collecting and analyzing data.
- Present solutions to concerns.
- Research solutions to project concerns; analyze and recommend solutions to problems.
- Assist with ad hoc projects as assigned by managers.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Pursuit of Bachelor of Science in Engineering or related degree from an ABET accredited program.
- Currently enrolled, and in good standing, in a post-secondary education program in a field related to the work done in the department.
- Minimum of a 3.0 GPA strongly preferred.
- Prior internship and/or related consulting experience preferred.
- Actively involved in campus, community or other volunteer activities or organizations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Basic knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office programs, including, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Self-motivated and eager learner, aptitude to grow and develop within the field.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis without requiring future sponsorship for employment visa status.
The expected hourly range for this position is displayed in accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. The final agreed upon compensation is based on a number of factors, including but not limited to: individual education, qualifications, prior work experience and work location.
Interns may participate in our 401(k) retirement program provided plan eligibility requirements are met. Sick leave is accrued based on the actual number of hours worked. For more information, please visit the Benefits & Wellness page.