REQUIREMENTS AND PREFERENCES
The Broward County Board of County Commissioners is seeking qualified candidates for User Support Technician in the Workplace Services Field Support section of the Enterprise Technology Services (ETS) Division.
This Job Announcement will remain open until a sufficient number of applications are received.
This position provides support for Broward County’s Workplace Services Team and will be based out of Government Center West, Government Center East, or Mills Center but will be required to drive to and work at any location throughout the County. This position provides Information Technology (IT) hardware and software support. This position requires thorough knowledge and experience deploying computers using imaging technologies available in Microsoft SCCM, including user state migration tools.
Provides user support for technology devices including installation, maintenance, and repairs.
Works under general supervision, independently developing work methods and sequences.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
Requires two (2) years experience in analyzing computer systems and supporting users in information technology relevant to area of assignment or closely related experience.
Special Certifications and Licenses
- Strong knowledge of enterprise class desktops and laptops.
- Experience deploying and supporting Virtual Desktop Infrastructure endpoints.
- Thorough understanding of Active Directory services including Group policy.
- Experience Supporting Dell Client Hardware.
- Experience deploying and supporting network printers.
- Experience supporting mobile devices and tablets.
- Experience supporting Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.
- Advanced knowledge of administration and usage in Microsoft Office and collaboration applications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The functions listed below are those that represent the majority of the time spent working in this class. Management may assign additional functions related to the type of work of the job as necessary.
- Provide remote support and re-imaging services for end-users, including installation of software, and using software tools such as Dameware and Microsoft’s System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM).
- Provide cross-functional support for various groups during times of increased workload at various county locations (i.e. Government Center East, Government Center West, Peak10 and the HS Mills).
- Create and maintain service data by entering, monitoring, facilitating, and closing service requests from County users via the County’s Incident Management software.
- Responsible for processing and disposition of surplus computer and printer equipment.
- Provide repair services for County IT equipment such as desktops, laptops, and printers.
- Provide support for smart phones and tablets; providing configurations for Outlook email access on various platforms including IOS and Android.
- Perform related work as assigned
Physical demands refer to the requirements for physical exertion and coordination of limb and body movement.
Performs light work that involves walking or standing most of the time and involves exerting up to 20 pounds of force on a regular and recurring basis, or skill, adeptness and speed in the use of fingers, hands or limbs on repetitive operation of electronic office equipment within moderate tolerances or limits of accuracy.
Unavoidable Hazards (Work Environment)
Unavoidable hazards refer to the job conditions that may lead to injury or health hazards even though precautions have been taken.
Involves routine and frequent exposure to bright/dim light; dusts and pollen.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Compliance
Broward County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The ADA requires Broward County to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified persons with disabilities. Prospective and current employees are encouraged to discuss ADA accommodations with the Professional Standards/Human Rights Section.
Emergency Management Responsibilities
During emergency conditions, all County employees are automatically considered emergency service workers. County employees are subject to being called to work in the event of a disaster, such as a hurricane, or other emergency situation and are expected to perform emergency service duties, as assigned.
County-wide Employee Responsibilities
All Broward County employees must serve the public and fellow employees with honesty and integrity in full accord with the letter and spirit of Broward County’s Employee Code of Ethics, gift, and conflict of interest policies.
All Broward County employees must establish and maintain effective working relationships with the general public, co-workers, elected and appointed officials and members of diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, political affiliation, familial status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, or gender identity and expression.