We are looking for a Project Coordinator for BronXchange to provide project management and coordination across several strategic business development initiatives. The Project Coordinator will primarily focus on two projects. One is the execution of our Clean Up Corps initiative, funded by NYC to mobilize local, minority-owned businesses to use environmentally friendly methods to clean commercial corridors, green spaces in multi-family buildings, and other problem areas identified by residents. The second project is the development of a worker cooperative in the integrated pest management industry. The project coordinator will develop project plans, identify resources needed, build relationships with stakeholders and vendors, and set up processes to execute. This position reports to the BronXchange CEO.
This is a full-time position based in The Bronx, NY with flexibility for partial remote work.
**NOTE TO APPLICANTS: THIS IS AN 8 MONTH POSITION WITH THE POSSIBILITY OF IF ADDITIONAL FUNDS ARE SECURED.**
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Work closely with leadership to identify project needs, establish priorities, develop timelines, budget, and support needed
- Develop systems and maintain detailed administrative and expenditure records for multiple simultaneous projects, initiatives, and events.
- Build and maintain relationships with key clients, partners, stakeholders, vendors, etc.
- Drive collaboration and participation of stakeholders.
- Regular dissemination of information regarding project status and ongoing activities to clients, and other stakeholders.
- Chair and facilitate meetings and distribute minutes to all project team members.
- Assess project risks and issues and provide solutions where applicable.
- Other Duties as assigned
- Three+ Years of professional experience working in project coordination or related capacity
- Manages a high volume of work with efficiency: Has, or can create, a system for keeping tasks from slipping through the cracks. Able to juggle competing demands and prioritize without sacrificing quality. Plans backwards to make deadlines. Asks for help when needed.
- Trustworthiness and realness: Comes across as genuine. Says what they mean. Builds authentic relationships across lines of difference, such as race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, class, ability, gender identity, citizenship status, or other identities. Follows through on commitments.
- Entrepreneurial and resourceful: Consistently overcomes challenges and leverages resources to creatively solve problems. Proposes solutions to issues without much guidance (but isn’t afraid to ask questions). Proactively asks for help, anticipates problems, and course-corrects where needed.
- Produces compelling written and digital materials: Aims for accuracy and attention to detail. Organizes and shares information effectively — whether writing an internal email or delivering a presentation.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business, administration, or related field
- Experience with worker cooperatives
- Knowledge of Bronx business community, business service providers, and anchor institutions and/or experience working in the Bronx
- Fluent in Spanish
What Else Should You Know About Us?
- Our framework is economic democracy. A willingness to learn more about it and ask questions is key. Our team is willing to share and discuss, as well as provide suggestions and recommendations.
- Community is the center of our work. Our organization exists to expand the capacity of the existing assets in the neighborhoods and communities we work with. We facilitate and coordinate in a manner to amplify the work of our partners and advance their desired impact. Working here requires one to orient and relate to others through a strength and asset-based approach; not deficits and pathologies.
- We believe in continuous improvement. We try, evaluate, learn, and improve.
- Our processes are iterative. Revision and drafts are part of getting to the best product.
- Teamwork means open and empathetic listening, clear communication on successes and challenges, active participation in solution-making, and a willingness to support the workflows of colleagues.
- You matter to us. We seek to support and create experience for the professional development of our staff.
- $4,583 to $5,417 per month, full benefits (health & dental insurance, PTO, and more)
How To Apply
To apply, please go online and fill out our job application. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
People of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. We are committed to a diverse workplace, and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities.
BCDI is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discriminatory employment actions and treatment against employees and applicants for employment based on actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, familial status, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, genetic information, disability, source of income, past incarceration, status as a victim of an intrafamily offense, or place of residence or business. Sexual harassment is a form of sex discrimination, which is prohibited by law, as is harassment based on any of the above-protected categories.