Broadcom is looking for a creative and self-motivated Digital IC Design Engineer to join the Data Center Solutions Group in our Colorado Springs, CO office who can come up with new methodologies for creating superb products from inception through design.
This position will entail writing RTL code in Verilog/SystemVerilog format to execute functions called out by an engineering design specification. This RTL will then be verified by using the latest simulation tools. Verification strategies and methodologies will employ the UVM standard as such this position will work with coding of functional coverage, assertions, as well test case development for functional and code coverage. Additional responsibilities include:
· High-level architecture specification analysis – interactive authoring and/or review.
· Electronic design specification generation – including micro-architecture development.
· High-quality, high-performance Verilog RTL implementation from design specification – may also include areas such as asynchronous clock domain crossings, multiple power domains, low-power design, and integrating third-party IP.
· Working with cross functional teams such as Firmware and Systems Engineering to deliver detailed testing strategies and usage models.
· Concisely documenting the RTL code and the verification environment to reflect functionality
· Design of logic relating to the SAS, SATA, and PCIe specifications, as well as general datapath function coding
· Lab support of the chip as it progresses through validation
· PCIe protocol experience desired but not required.
Education and Experience Requirements
· Bachelor’s degree required in one: Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent.
· 0-2 years related work experience ($58,500 – $78,000)
· 2+ years related work experience ($58,500 – $97,000)
This position is also eligible for a discretionary annual bonus in accordance with the relevant plan documents and equity in accordance with equity award agreements.
Broadcom offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package including but not limited to the following: Medical, dental and vision plans, 401(K) participation including company matching, Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), company paid holidays, paid sick leave and vacation time. The company follows all national and state requirements for Paid Family Leave and other leaves of absence.
The foregoing information is provided in compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and is the company’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the compensation range and benefits offered for this position. The compensation offered to the successful applicant may vary based on factors including experience, skills, education, location, and other job-related reasons.
Broadcom is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability status, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We will also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records consistent with local law.
**** Pursuing post graduates and graduates of 12/2021
**** Also pursuing candidates with 0-2 years of experience
**** FPGA responsibilities are part of IC Design