Please note: You must apply to this position through the external Workday application. If you only submit an application through Handshake, it will not be considered.
By applying to this job, you will be considered for all available Research Associate I opportunities across The Broad Institute. We are considering all early career researchers with a bachelor’s degree, including those individuals graduating in the Spring of 2022.
Candidates interested in the Broad Biomedical Post-Baccalaureate Scholars Program (BBPS) Program should complete this application to begin the process. After submitting, you will receive an additional, BBPS-specific form to fill out; the deadline for BBPS applications is January 24th.
Allow for 10 minutes to complete the initial application process as it needs to be completed in one sitting. We will ask for your CV/résumé, cover letter (optional), and responses to a short questionnaire. Please note, in order to expedite your application, we need to receive all necessary application materials. Continue to check your email for updates once you’ve completed the initial application.
The research at the Broad Institute covers a wide variety of scientific areas. As a Research Associate, you will play an integral role in supporting research efforts using a vast array of wet laboratory techniques. You will work as part of a dynamic team, pose challenging questions, analyze results from your own experiments and others, and present research findings. We are looking for enthusiastic, self-motivated individuals who thrive in a fast-paced environment and have a strong desire to contribute to these efforts. You will have the opportunity to indicate your scientific areas of interest in your application.
Why do your research at Broad:
- You can make a difference in biomedicine — Whether you study the biological basis of cancer or look for the genetic code behind debilitating psychiatric disease, you are laying the groundwork for future therapies that will change lives.
- You will gain invaluable experience — You will work closely with a wide network of physicians and scientists. Broad uses state-of-the-art technology and empowers ambitious research efforts – it is truly an experience that is unparalleled by any other biomedical research institution. If you choose to pursue a graduate or medical degree, you will be well prepared for the next stage of your career.
- You will be supported in your efforts to learn and grow — Every week there are talks open to the Broad community on a variety of scientific topics, often hinging on results that have not yet been published. Many current RAs rave about the mentorship they have received from other Broadies and the variety of social events that allow them to positively enrich their professional network.
We are looking for candidates who have:
- Bachelor’s degree expected by Spring 2022
- Majored in any life science, chemistry, bioengineering, chemical engineering or similar degree program
- 1-4 years of undergraduate independent research experience (outside of coursework)
- Demonstrated effective communication skills and ability to interact professionally with all levels of staff and external collaborators
- Proven ability to work independently with guidance and mentorship
- Desire to learn, develop, and execute new assays or lab techniques
- Interest in staying with the Broad for a minimum of two years
All Broad employees, regardless of work location, must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by Tuesday, October 12, 2021. Requests for exemption for medical or sincerely held religious beliefs will be considered.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.