At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
We are seeking a Postdoctoral Fellow with training in molecular and computational biology to utilize functional genomics approaches to leverage understanding of long noncoding RNA in Inflammatory Bowel Disease and other Autoimmune Diseases. The goal of these studies will be to identify biomarkers to understand disease biology, novel target identification, indication selection, patient stratification, and target modulation. In this unique opportunity, you will be co-mentored by a translational Immunologist and Statistical Geneticist while based at BMS.
- Utilize functional genomics approaches to identify and interrogate novel targets and biomarkers of autoimmune disease.
- Facilitate the development of internal functional genomics capabilities.
- Develop and implement computational approaches to integrate multiple data sources to prioritize novel disease-related targets, pathways and biomarkers.
- Utilize immunology, biochemistry, molecular biology, and human genetics to identify and interrogate disease-related lncRNA targets, pathways and biomarkers.
- Operate in a matrixed environment with internal and external partners in Immunology Early Development and Predictive Sciences teams.
- Represent the company to the academic community in the form of publications and/or meeting presentations.
Qualifications & Experience
- PhD in immunology, molecular biology, computational biology, genetics, or related discipline.
- Proven wet-lab and computational experience in the form of scientific productivity reflected by publication(s).
- Adept with molecular biology techniques, RNA expertise is essential.
- Working experience R and/or Python and in Unix/Linux environment is required.
- Working knowledge of statistical genetics is preferred, but not required.
- Experience analyzing NGS data (DNA-Seq, RNA-Seq, single cell) or Mass Spectrometry data is required.
- Essential functions include the demonstration of oral, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well in a quick paced, highly matrixed, interactive environment is vital.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.