At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
We are seeking passionate and skilled college and graduate students who look for opportunities to learn, to grow, and work alongside talented career QSP&PBPK scientists. The Intern will work in BMS Clinical Pharmacology and Pharmacometrics Department with specific focuses on pharmacometrics related projects, under the guidance of an experienced Clinical Pharmacology & Pharmacometrics expert. The successful candidate will work under the guidance of an experienced scientist on the development and improvement of in-house models. She/he will develop and parametrize mini-models for specific pathways or processes of interest using in-house data or data available in the public domain. She/he will also be responsible for incorporating the mini-model back into a platform, possibly testing its functionality in the context of different therapies, and possibly helping with clinical data analysis and research to advance clinical programs.
As part of the Bristol Myers Squibb Virtual Intern Program the successful candidate will have cross-functional networking opportunities for personal and professional development.
- Develop and parametrize mini-models using systems of ordinary differential equations
- Calibrate parametrized mini-models using in-house data or data available in the public domain
- Identify and determine physiological range of the most sensitive parameters
- Incorporate the mini-model into the platform and test its functionality with respect to existing therapies
- Potentially assist in the analysis of clinical data and clinically applied research
- Participate in the BMS Virtual Intern Program activities
Qualifications & Experience
- Student in mathematics, engineering (chemical, biomedical, others), physics or bio/pharma disciplines with strong mathematical background
- Solid knowledge of modeling using ordinary differential equations and numerical solvers
- Knowledge of how to perform parameter estimation and sensitivity analysis
- Experience with Matlab/Simbiology environment is beneficial
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Click the link below to apply