At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
We are seeking passionate and skilled undergraduate and graduate students who are seeking summer internship opportunities to learn, to grow, and work alongside with talents, as interns. The Intern will work in BMS Clinical Pharmacology and Pharmacometrics Department with a specific focus on pharmacometrics related projects, under the guidance of an experienced Clinical Pharmacology & Pharmacometrics scientist. The project will include hands-on pharmacometric analysis, and may include PK and exposure-response modeling of clinical data. As part of the Bristol Myers Squibb Intern Program, the internship will also provide an opportunity to gain understanding of the drug development process through interactions with matrix drug development teams, as well as networking opportunities with other interns/BMS colleagues.
- To prepare analysis datasets for pharmacometric analysis of PK, biomarker, efficacy, and safety data;
- To perform exploratory data analysis of PK, biomarker, efficacy, and safety data;
- To develop pharmacometric models to describe clinical observations of drug concentrations and biomarker/efficacy/safety responses;
- To characterize the relationship between drug exposure and biomarker/efficacy/safety responses;
- Present results of analyses, and contribute to team interpretation;
Qualifications & Experience
- Candidate should be enrolled in a graduate program (Ph.D., M.S., PharmD) or undergraduate program (when applicable) in Pharmaceutical Sciences/Pharmacy, Engineering, Bioinformatics, Biomedical Sciences, or Statistics.
- Ideal candidates should be familiar with quantitative methods. Hands-on experience or formal classes/workshops with one of the modeling tools such as NONMEM, Monolix, Phoenix/NLME, R, SAS, Python, or MATLAB.
- Competitive candidates should have excellent oral and written communications skills and strong problem-solving skills
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Click the link to start your application