At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Cell Therapy is a new and exciting therapeutic modality with the potential to transform the treatment of cancer and other challenging diseases. The Cell Therapy organization is responsible for delivering the rich cell therapy pipeline, building the global supply chain network, and manufacturing quality supplies of all clinical and soon to be commercial products at BMS. We are currently recruiting for full-time, permanent positions into the aCTivate accelerated development program across our US locations (Greater Seattle, Washington, Summit, New Jersey and Devens, Massachusetts), with start dates between February and August 2022.
Bristol Myers Squibb’s aCTivate program is an accelerated development program for recent college graduates (BS/MS) interested in gaining depth of experience within a specific Cell Therapy functional area. During this one-year program, participants in each cohort will be provided mentorship, executive interaction, and customized development plans including training, and networking opportunities designed to foster technical, project and professional skills, with the aim to accelerate the ability to deliver impactful results. aCTivate associates in Operations will work in functions that are accountable for both the strategic and day-to-day production of our therapies and services.
Functional areas include Manufacturing (MFG), Quality, Supply Chain (SC), Patient Operations and Strategy & Business Operations (SBO).
· MFG is responsible for producing our cell therapy products for our patients in a GMP compliant environment with a continuous improvement mindset. Manufacturing collaborates on facility design, equipment, process improvements, facilities and engineering, MSAT, and Quality; works closely with scheduling/Supply Chain; and requires technical expertise in addition to meticulous documentation to help ensure chain of identity of patient material, support product safety, and compliance.
· Quality leads our adherence to product quality and GMP compliance requirements for our manufacturing operations, to support patient safety, minimize regulatory risks and accelerate product development and commercialization. The Quality organization also conducts testing of our cell therapy products before they are released to treatment sites for administration to patients. The Quality organization has oversight within internal activities and provides support to activities conducted at external suppliers and service providers.
· The goal of Supply Chain is to ensure compliant and continuous supply across CTDO. SC encompasses various groups including global network strategy, supply planning, logistics, external manufacturing and strategic sourcing, and supply product leads.
· Patient Operations works on delivering and creating the best patient experience for CAR-T patients who utilize BMS therapies. At a detailed level, this includes coordinating interactions with the CAR-T provider, patient scheduling, and managing the logistics of patient material’s journey to the manufacturing sites and its return back to the patient for infusion
· Strategy & Business Ops is accountable for Cell Therapy strategy stewardship, strategy communications, and project management. The group tracks and communicates Cell Therapy goals, maintains Cell Therapy strategy documents, integrates business operations among Cell Therapy functions and serves as the custodian of Cell Therapy strategy governance and forums and various Cell Therapy communications (monthly bulletin, News4You and Cell Therapy portal).
Qualifications and Experience:
· Recent graduate (BS/BA or MS) Disciplines: STEM majors or business/operations related majors with a STEM concentration, emphasis, or equivalent
· Excellent analytical skills, including quantitative and qualitative assessment skills and critical thinking skills
· Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
· High scholastic achievement (please include your cumulative/overall GPA on your resume)
· Previous job experiences including internships, lab experiences or research experience is highly desirable
· Excellent interpersonal skills and extracurricular leadership experiences
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.